BERKLEY GLOWSTIK RODS ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CATFISH HUNTER61, Mar 14, 2008.

1. CATFISH HUNTER61

CATFISH HUNTER61 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ANY ONE OUT THERE USING THESE RODS? ARE THAY WEATHERPROOF?LOCAL BAIT SHOP OFFERED ME A GOOD DEAL ON THREE OF THRM. 75.00$ WAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've had a ten footer for two years now and cant complain about a thing. The whole thing glows in the dark with out using the light. If they are the size you want buy them, but don't get them if there not suited to the way you are going to fish. A deal is only a deal if it works for you. :wink:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    They are as weatherproof as any other rod! The batteries go up in the butt end and the cap seals them off. The wiring is internal. $75.00 is a good deal for 3 of them. You may want to put batteries in them 1st and try to make sure they light up as I have read a report or two of them not working properly. I have 3 of the glowsticks and they are decent rods for the price.

4. CATFISH HUNTER61

CATFISH HUNTER61 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    THANKS THERE ARE 2 CASTING AND 1 SPINNING ALL 8'.I MAY CHECK THEM OUT A LITTLE MORE TODAY.

5. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    seen a guy using one of those things. kind of looked like luke skywalker had took over his boat. i could see the thing all the way across the river.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have two of them, no problems with them so far and 75 for 3 is a good deal. Anywhere I have seen them they are about 40 or 45 a piece.

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  8. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Yes, if they work, I think that that is a fair deal. I have two, and I like them. They are bright enough to light up several rods on a dark night. The only problem that I have had is that one of the ceramic inserts in the guides came out.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Can any one of you tell me where to get (or do they make) a 1 piece rod? I have looked at a couple places and I am only finding 2 piece rods and I just don't like them (not that their is anything wrong with 2 piece) I just don't like them have had bad luck with other 2 piece rods.... Thanks

10. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I was acually going to post a thread asking about them. I saw them last year in a bait shop. I was wanting to know the same thing you where. I think I am going to buy it.

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well if I find them any where I will let you know, so far no luck on a 1 piece......

12. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I would like to have a 8 foot bait cast. If I find a one peice you will be the first to know.

13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    thats all i use and i think they are great i can spread my poles out on the bank and sit in the middle and see all of them and my kids without any light and they are tough i caught several 30-40lb flaties on them and they all held up
    by the way i use 2-9ftrs and a 7ftr and my boy uses 2-7ftrs

14. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I personally dont have any of them but know several guys who do use them. I have seen them in action and actually considered buying them myself. They just were not in my budget at the time I needed a rod. $25.00 a piece for 3 rods is a good deal in my opinion. Ive seen them lit up and they are bright and would be great at night. rspd507

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ive been using one fer a couple years-Ive showed no mercey-That pole is my second pole baot-bank-pond or crick-she is there.Ive beat it up prety bad and still like it....I am not sold on the glow part but there definatly good rods!Mine is 6ft med/heavey

16. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Going to go pick me up a 8ft medium glowstick tuesday. I can't wait.

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good deal Adam, your gonna like it! :big_smile:

18. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I pulled a 22lb flattie in on a glow stik last year.. no problem! I dunno if they have one piece but i seen that walmart has a combo with a open face reel for like 40.00. You will like the pole.:wink:

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I bought one a little over a year ago and as for as the action of the rod and the glowing part I really liked it. But, I'm not using it right now because after only about the 4th lime out I noticed that the metal tip wasn't welded and was coming apart. I'll eventually replace it and give it another try, but for now it sits in the garage.

20. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I used one last year, loved it. Turn the light on while you are getting to your spot or setting up, then you can turn the light off and it will continue to glow. My opinion it is a really good rod, lost mine while cast netting. Planning on getting another one when my taxes come in!! Bass Pro Shop has them for $34-$36, so that is a very good deal. Good luck...:roll_eyes:

Linda