Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Berkley GlowStick

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  IamMike 
#1 ·
do berkley glowsticks really work or is it kinda of just like a get rich skeem. also are they any good? do they perform as you would want them to?
i am really thinking about getting one for my abu garcia 5000 ambassadur.

#2 ·
Yes the glowstiks work. I don't use the battery operated part and do just fine. The rods are great for most fishing, a little light for heavy current and big weights. By big weights, I am talking 8 Oz's or better and 4 mph current plus. I have not caught any big fish with mine as of yet, but have been in the boat when a 36 lber was landed with a glowstik. Handled that blue quite well. If you use braided line the tip top will have to be replaced. Glowstiks are a good all round affordable rod, that will handle a large majority of catfishing situations. I myself own 4 of them, 3 casting and 1 spinning.

#4 ·
I have 3 of the glowsticks in the 9 ft. med/hev. size and feel they are a good value for the price. The cork handles are not of the top quality of better rods but still not bad. The rods light up pretty good but my only complaint would be that the rods light up just above the handle and at the point where the 2 pieces join together. The rod tip is not lighted up very well and this is the place where you really need the light the most.

#6 ·
I have one, good rod but I agree it lights up in the wrong places (not the tip) I'm going to paint mine down by the handle to dim it down so maybe the tip will look brighter. Not worth the money if your buying it for the light feature the 8 inch light sticks sold on this site are better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.