Berkley Glowstick Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CATFISHcrazed, Apr 30, 2008.

1. CATFISHcrazed

CATFISHcrazed New Member

State:
    ky
    WELL.. I was a doubter but had a few bucks to throw around and i got one of these..... i added a shakespear tidewater reel and new string and fishing i went.... im one when i get something new i put it thru the torture test to see if it can hang and be worthy so the 1st snag that i got i ripped into it... i bent this pole into a horseshoe shape and it laughed and asked for more... to my suprise these things are seriously strong so i went back and got another ... these are my favorite rods and reel set ups now and they are the ones that i grab 1st and throw in my boat... for a serious cat rig under 90 bucks get one of these and one of the newer shakespear tidewater reels... you will not be sorry
    :smile2:

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    yes they are good rods have 3 myself

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I believe you! lol
    I have always been happy with my ten footer. I have an old Penn 210 on it with 50# mono, I ain't screred of noth'n lol:crazy::crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    got me one with a zebco 888 with 30lb i think, only problem i seen is the switch dont always seem to work in it... i have the lighted one that glows

also have a few other ugly sticks too that have the glow on them, only way to go

5. CATFISHcrazed

CATFISHcrazed New Member

State:
    ky

yeah forsure... very durable so far...im thinking about taken my lil boat out tomorrow.. the weather is posed to be nice last time i checked so we will see if any big blues are hungry
    :wink:

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I picked up and bent the 10' at bass pro the other day and really liked the look and feel....but i heard from a few members of them breaking at the reel seat. (from not being blank through handel?) sooo im leary of getting one. if i find out it was a bad batch and the problem i might get one because i liked what i seen.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Believe me if you are fighting a big cat on a ten footer you are not holding it below the reel with one hand and reeling with the other lol You have the butt on your thigh, one hand or both over top of the reel, firmly grasping the rod, with your back supplying the effort! :crazy::big_smile::smile2:

8. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I have one also. I love it. It is a great rod. I have a 8 foot with a abu garcia 5600 on it. with 30 pound line.

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I one hundred and ten percent agree with you there great rod and reels and there very sturdy and strong rods, I know I have a couple of them and im going to go back and get a couple more, I agree i was doubter of them too at first but once I tryed them they turned me into a believer awful fast.

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I know but s#!t happens heres the thread i was thinking of its pretty old so the problem may or may not have been fixed. post#3 & #7

11. CATFISHcrazed

CATFISHcrazed New Member

State:
    ky

im guess'n these like everything just have to be tested out the right way... i have cheaper shakespear tidewater reels mounted on mine and for a cheaper combo it seems to work really well... its hard to tell when someone leaves comments about things on here if it was operater malfunction or a product defect..lol.. my unk cant use these rigs for crap but i have no problems and can cast further with this setup then if i had my openbails n use.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Thanks Brandon, but I didn't put much stock in it the first time I read it! lol:crazy::smile2::wink:

13. CATFISHcrazed

CATFISHcrazed New Member

State:
    ky

high 5... couldnt agree more on that one

14. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I have 2 of them with Abu 6500's on them. I haven't laid into any monsters with them, but so far I am very happy with them. I was out until about 11:00 Wednesday and loved the way the poles lighted up. I used glow lights on my poles last year, these beat the crap out of taping the glow lights on.

15. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Welcome to Boc, Tim. Thanks for sharing information with us on your new setup.

16. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Had one and sold ..missed it so much I went out and got 2 new ones .:confused2:

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    bought a 9 foot medium/heavy spinning glowstick took it home and put batteries in it and it doesn't work. taking it back to gander mt. today.

18. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a 10' with the Abu pro rocket, I plan on getting another one.

19. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    WAIT!! I bought (2) of these and also thought that the lights were broken. Found out I had the batteries facing the wrong direction. Double check yours. The Negative end goes in first.

Tony

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I never use my lights any more, the novelty wore off quick. I just like the fact that they glow in the dark. I wish all my rods did that as well as the glow rods.:big_smile: