Berkley glow stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fisherman94580, Jan 29, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Looks like it would be fishing with a light saber!:lol:
    Looks like a cool rod. If you get one, Id like to hear how ya do with it!

Kenny

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Aaron, do a search on Berkly glow sticks. You will find many comments on them. I have one and like it very much. If you get a ten footer the 6500 wont be big enough.

4. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    Aaron I have an 8 footer I use with a Penn 209. I like mine very much and plan on getting another this year. Very cool rod.

5. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What's the biggest fish so far on the glo stick Kevin? Can you still see the bites on it from the dinks

6. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    I got a 18lb Channel on a glow stick. These are some awesome rods. I just order 2 more. They look really nice to

7. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    The only problem I have with the glowstick is that the lights are at the front of the reel seat and at the ferrule. The tip doesn't light up that well so its a little tough to see see lite bites.

8. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    I have a6500 on a 8ft perfect also had a 9ft too big unless you need the extra too cast from the bank

9. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    Caught a few between 20# and 30# on my glowstik. I keep mine inside when not in use because I've heard if they sit in the sun all the time they stop glowing. I turn the light on for about 45 minute right after dark on the river and then shut it down and let it glow for a few hours and repete. I only change the batts about once a year.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I've got one of the 9ft glow stick with a 209 mounted on it.Sure does look nice hangin on the wall cause it's to darn cold to fish.
    thanks for the tip on how to do the light was wondering if you left it on all the time or what. gonna give that proceedure of yours a try .Thanks again.

11. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    The glow sticks are a gimmick and they are worthless. How is it going to help you when the tip doesnt glow? I mean seriously... how does having a glowing rod butt help with anything?

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    From your reply Mark I am sure that you have not seen one in action. The Butt of the pole is not lit at all. One light is in the front of the reel seat and the other is at the bottom of the ferule. When the lights are not on the whole pole glows in the dark including the tip. With the lights on it helps energize the pole and of course it doesn't' light up like a light saber. When fishing with mine as I like to fish in the dark the pole with lights on illuminates the ground around my pole holders well enough so as not to trip running over to them if I am at a distance. Then again I am not a tip watcher I go for the big ones and want to see my pole bend to the water. Believe me it sure is bright enough to see that! lol I have some black poles that I have to put light sticks on to see them in the dark. With the glow stick I don't need to keep buying them. Just new batteries once a year.:big_smile:

13. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just bought a 9' Glowstick and plan on getting two 7' ers. Ain't fished with it yet, but I'm anxious.

14. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    i have two 7 footers and they have worked fine for me for the year that ive had them.im still not sold on the fact that the light system is durable but if they break i guess the worst im stuck with is two quality e-glass rods that were reasonably priced.

15. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have one 8 ft spinning rod. I love the thing. I never use the built in lights though. The whole rod glows under itself. You can use a flashlight to charge it back up, or just turn the lights on for a few. The whole rod glows and not just the tip like some other rods they have come out with.

I admit I was scared as to how well it would hold up to larger fish. I caught a 25 lb flattie on it, and it was more than enough rod. My cousin caught his first ever flattie at 38 lbs on the rod too and the rod had more then enough uummmpppfff left in it. Overall I am very pleased with them, and they are priced good.

16. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    To me the Glow Sticks SUCK I have broken 2 of them in the same day! Now I have Tiger Rods and will have them for many years to come.

17. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The rods themselves seem to be alright but cheapo. The lighting system is a good idea but poorly executed the whole rod only kinda lights up. I fished with a guy ONCE who had one and I couldnt stand how bright it was and it didnt even light up much near the tip. You are better off getting a good rod and taping a LED light from a lighted bobber to the tip.

18. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    A thread with some pics I took.. Pics do not show it as well as they do live, but give ya general idea... These had 1 yr old batts in em, I changed the batts shortly after the pics and the rods were much much brighter..

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25770