Berkley glow stick?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by rat fink, Jul 14, 2006.

1. rat fink

rat fink New Member

State:
    illinois
    im looking in to getting a new night fishing cat rod abd i was woundering if aney one had tried one of thest glow sticks the guieds look kinda chezzy to me is it worth it ?

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It's not a bad rod. Most people buy it for the action, opver the fact that is glows, because the glowing isn't really all that great. I also found the tip to be a little bit on the stiff side.

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was going to let you know that there was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago, if you look under fishing rod reviews.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    what i would tell u to do is buy the rod that YOU want and then just get one of them little glow sticks (like 3 inches long) and just tape it to the tip of the rod....

heres what i do when i go night fishing....
    one rod is on freespool and that just lays on the ground.
    my other rod is in a rod holder, has 2 bells(like jingle bells cause there more sensitive), then the little glow stick...

and believe me when u see that glow stick almost touching the ground... it makes ya run a bit faster lmao...

5. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have two of them and i like them i just like the action of them really tho

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Mike, the action on my glow stik is great. I have the 8 foot casting model w/a Penn 220GTO reel on it. It casts good and fights a pretty large fish real well. For around $35 bucks I would buy another even if it didn't glow.
    The glow with the light in it on works pretty well too. On a real dark night you can see it good.

whatever it takes

Cheez

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have three of them all spinning. 2 seven ft, 1 ten ft. they don't ligh all the way to the tip, but after charging for a while on a dark night they do glow to the tip good. I still put a glow stick near the tip of the rods. I bought one, won one, and traded in a broken rod for the other. I too like the action but the tip could be more sensitive. all in all i have been happy with them.

8. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I own a couple of em and i like em,there are better rods out there than the glow sticks but they serve thier purpose, and handle really well even on bigger fish,the only thing that worries me is they are 2 piece rods and ive had bad experiances with 2 piece rods in the past.

9. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glowsticks are decent rods, I own 4 of them. The spinning rods glow better than the casting rods. No major problems to date.

10. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    It is probably the best channel cat rod around, but even the heavy action model isnt enough for big flatheads in my opinion. Consider the bait you will be throwing, and current for the type of fishing you are looking to do.

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Does anyone know if the eyes will stand up to braided line? I have mono on mine but Iam thinking of going to braid on the10ft rod..

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    for a little bit more money you can get an Ugly Stik Tiger. that's my suggestion :lol:

13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i might buy one myself lol i was messin with one at the store the other day and i love it!!!