Berkley Fusion

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by rzrbk24, Mar 9, 2007.

1. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    Anybody got one of these yet? They got em at Wally World for $24.99. I was thinking about getting one. It's a 7' MH with the spinning reel. Just wonderin if anybody has a review of this rod/reel combo yet?

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have never heard of a Berkely Fusion rod, but it might be a good rod for the price.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I just bought two a few weeks ago. Haven't used them yet, but they seem like they will get the job done.

4. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I just bought one today and am anxious to get out and be able to use it! :smile2:

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Well, since this topic came up again I can tell you about the fusions I bought. My wife broke her rod picking up a 3# channel over the rail. Ouch. And you had better hope you don't hook into anything bigger than 20# because the reels can't handle much. I bought 2 back in March. Waste of money.

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don't own the Fusion Rod but i gave them the once over at Wal-Mart. I like the Big Game better for $20 no reel though....

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Honestly, if you want a good rad and reel combo for around $35, check out the Okuma Fin Chaser. It's the yellow one in my avatar. And yes, it comes in blue and black also.

8. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    We were talking about the Big Game Rod about a week ago. I finally found one of those. Wow...they sure a bright...I know...night fishing...

I was a little surprised that it was such a bright white...It's not just white..its bright white...

I was down at Sport Chalet and Daiwa has two new rods. One was an 11 foot surf rod ($49.99) and the other one was a 15 foot surf rod ($59.99) both very long and very light...

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You know Jedi now that I look it at it is bright white. I guess the better to see at night.