Berkley E-Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catman 1964, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Anybody have any experience with the E-Cat rods by Berkley. Saw they have them at Catfish Connection. They look like good rods. Take care and God Bless.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont know bout the rest of you all but I like Berkley products....I have been using there glow poles fer a few yrs now and like them.... bet these rodds are good too....I sure would like to hear bout theses rods myself thanks fer posting !

3. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I have some Glowsticks also but these look really good so maybe I will give them a try. Thanks for the Post take care and God Bless.

4. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have used them and would have to say they are without a doubt the best catfishing rod made .then they did away with them and now they are back with alot of improvment made to them i plan on buying 3 when they come out april 1st

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    :cool2:i had 4 when they first came out i loved them,but lost my head(greed) and sold them you can bet i'll order more april 1 in my opinon they are the best cat rod out there

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey what are they running $$ wise I havent went looked.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Berkley E Cat rods are not only a good rod they are a great investiment. Buy while still available.

8. Ehardman

Ehardman New Member

State:
    LeRoy, KS (On the Neosho)
    Are they called the same name? I cant find any info anywhere on the E-Cat. Where you find this info?

Thanks

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    They are going to sell for 69.95 aval. april 1st. They used to sell for around 100.00. I have heard that Jim Moyer has no ties to these rods now. Just what I heard. A few of my buddies have these rods and are by far the best flathead rods I have ever seen or felt. Hope the new ones are as good as the older models. They look identical to the older style.
    100% E Glass
    Blank thru handle
    Stainless guides w/Titanium inserts
    crome tip without insert
    Cork handle with trigger
    Make sure if you guys get one get the BECAT4 it is stouter than the other model. 20-50#line 2-8oz weight.

10. Ehardman

Ehardman New Member

State:
    Got the PM about the E-Cat but cant reply since I dont have 10 posts, the link didnt come thru. Maybe just enter the name, I can do the rest.

Thanks

11. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Catfish connection

12. Ehardman

Ehardman New Member

State:
    Thanks much appreciated.

13. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    they sound great. i'll have to look into them.

14. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I have a couple that I bought years ago and I love them. Real nice rods. Didnt know they were coming out again. I'd love to get some more..

15. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    well i just ordered 3 e-cat #3 now just have to wait:cool2:

16. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have 2 "originals" and love them. I did have to have the eyelets replaced with stainless since several broke out. Will the new ones use the same exact blanks? If so I'll need several.

17. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Thanks for all the input I will have to order a couple. They seem like good looking rods. You all take care and God Bless.

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I have an older Berkley E-Cat #4, that's designed by Jim Moyer. It's an outstanding rod. Never had any bad experiences with it at all. It's coupled with an Abu 7000c reel. great setup!!

19. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I love berkley rods in general. Today me and bigcatfish64 bought 2 of the berkley big game power series rods. 6'6", med. heavy casting, lure size 1-4 and line 10-30lb. Not sure about these rods but they had a ton of them at walmart for $11.00, cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope these work out well for the ohio. The only thing is I dont like foam handles on rods, I like the cork better. Does any one know about these rods? Thanks.

20. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sorry, already posted above