Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Berkley E-Cat Rod

Tags
berkley e-cat
9K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  bowhunter63 
#1 ·
Howdy, folks. Just wondering if anybody has had the opportunity to feel and fish with the E-Cat. It looks like a nice rod, but I'm having trouble finding peoples opinions on it. Thanks!

#3 ·
Berkley used to make the E-cat back in the day. Then they were discontinued for a long time. They just recently started making them again. I have a few friends who have some of the old E-Cats and still use them as their number one rod. They were some of the best cattin rods around back then and I can’t believe they stopped making them. Go ahead and get one, you won’t be disappointed.

#4 ·
Thanks Philly35 that's what I wondering if they came out a long time ago and then recently came back.

Reactions: Fate
#9 ·
I have one friend that has caught so many monster flats on his old brown E cats...I bet he wouldn’t sell it for two hundred bucks. Those things were still worth as much as they were when new before they hit the market again. I’d get one but I jumped on the warrior cat bandwagon. I have a gen1 MH that is awesome. Just got the new gen2 MH a month or so ago when they ran the big sale and what a bummer. Bad quality. Guess that’s why they were on sale.

#10 ·
I looked at my hard copy CC catalog last night....what is the difference between the white and the brown? Also Bearkat that is BAD-A they used your vintage rod for a prototype.

#21 ·
I absolutely loved mine for the Missouri waaayyy back in the first gen days. The inserts sucked but the blank it's self was awesome After many times fixing the eye and inserts I went with something else. I wouldn't mind having a white deluxe but like you <lol> I have a lot of rods already. Still, I would like to have another heavy rod set up for the mighty mo

#25 ·
I recently fished with a Pure Fishing Rep and we spent a couple hours talking about rods and what would be changes to make. One thing I said is bring back the old ECat exactly like it was and told him why. (personally I hate that rod but others love it) I think it clicked in his head so we shall see.

Now something to consider if you like the old ECat is the Berkley Tec Cat. I got one to test out and it does not work for how I fish but my buddy who loves the original ECat instantly fell in love with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.