Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, folks. Just wondering if anybody has had the opportunity to feel and fish with the E-Cat. It looks like a nice rod, but I'm having trouble finding peoples opinions on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
yep i got 3 and love them. they can cast heavy line smoothly and alot of weight yet tip is light enough for circles. i got 50 lb walmart line on them now. cant beat a rod like that for the price and i really only buy rods with the stainless eyes so that is also a plus. i have my larger reels on them and they seat on it nice and tight good rods.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Berkley used to make the E-cat back in the day. Then they were discontinued for a long time. They just recently started making them again. I have a few friends who have some of the old E-Cats and still use them as their number one rod. They were some of the best cattin rods around back then and I can’t believe they stopped making them. Go ahead and get one, you won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Berkley used to make the E-cat back in the day. Then they were discontinued for a long time. They just recently started making them again. I have a few friends who have some of the old E-Cats and still use them as their number one rod. They were some of the best cattin rods around back then and I can’t believe they stopped making them. Go ahead and get one, you won’t be disappointed.
Thanks Philly35 that's what I wondering if they came out a long time ago and then recently came back.

Reactions: Fate

·
Registered
946 Posts
The E-cat is a great rod for the money. Catfish connection brought them back. They used one on my original E cats to remake the new ones. The white rods fish just as good as the brown ones.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I had a old Ecat number 4 back in the day and loved it. Didn't care for the inserts popping out but loved everything else about the rod. I believe the eyes are much better and stronger now.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have one friend that has caught so many monster flats on his old brown E cats...I bet he wouldn’t sell it for two hundred bucks. Those things were still worth as much as they were when new before they hit the market again. I’d get one but I jumped on the warrior cat bandwagon. I have a gen1 MH that is awesome. Just got the new gen2 MH a month or so ago when they ran the big sale and what a bummer. Bad quality. Guess that’s why they were on sale.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I looked at my hard copy CC catalog last night....what is the difference between the white and the brown? Also Bearkat that is BAD-A they used your vintage rod for a prototype.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd like to know the difference between the two as well. I wasn't all that interested in the brown, but the white has my attention.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have a MH spinning version of the new ecat and it fishes pretty good. I would go heavy if you are fishing heavy current but otherwise the MH will perform just fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The old line of E-Cat was great...My brother used his for years with never a problem...Plenty of backbone and just a good feel all the way around...If the new ones are half as good as the old ones then you will be happy with them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts