Berkley Cherrywood Rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CJ21, May 8, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering have u guys seen the new cherrywood rods? they have a line now that is made of E-Glass I am wondering would they work as a cat rod? Catfish Connection has some for 23 bucks. rated 10-25lb test 8' long 2 pc rod 1-4oz lure weight.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I haven't seen them, but that sounds like it would make a grreat cat rod. If you get your hands on one, let us know what you think of it.

I bought a cherrywood 4 wt fly rod about a year ago because I got it ws on sale. I've been very happy with it so far. It's well made with good hardware and all.

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I have a medium light 6 and a half footer that i use to catch skipjack, white bass, but it still had enough backbone to catch a 5 lb drum. I think it is a quality rod so I would imagine that the catfish version would at least be a quality built. I can't say how it will do as a cat pole but it should at least be put together well.

4. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I have the little ultra light and love it. Muscled in some 2lb fish, use it for catchin bait. i even stepped on it a couple times. would definately buy another so i'd imagine this new one would be sweet.

5. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

I haven't seen the new ones, but, I had an older on which was one of my favorite rods of all time. If quality hasn't slipped over time you will be very pleased.

Rich

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I also have a old Berkley Cherrywood 25% Graphite CRC16-5'6"-Lure 1/4-3/4 Trilene 10-25-Med Heavy Action casting rod.I have no idea of the age of this rod.I am almost 62 and I have had it for a long time.It seems to be just as good today as the day I bought it though it shows the signs of age and much heavy use.It has stood up better than any rod that I ever remember owning.If they still make them as good,they would still be a real treasure.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee