Berkley catfish dough

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by fishin fool 1969, Apr 28, 2008.

1. fishin fool 1969

fishin fool 1969 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone ever tried the Berkley Gulp catfish dough?I bought some in the bloddy shad flavor,and didnt do any good with it,BUT the water conditions were bad,couldnt stay in one place to fish long enough to do anything,because of the wind/current.Seems like it stays on the hook good and has a strong smell.It is a bit pricey,IN MY OPINION,$5.99 a bag,but if it works,its well worth it.Let me know,thanks alot!!!!!

2. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I won some of the bloody chicken sat at the get together Steve. I am going to try it out when I get a chance. call me so we can order some more catbobbers!

3. fishin fool 1969

fishin fool 1969 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let me know if ya do any good w/it.I'm Gonna have to wait to order any kat bobbers,ya know how it is,if someone robbed me,they'd just be practicing.lol.Are u going to the paylake this w/end?Have a good w/end all!!! :tounge_out:

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

5. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc you will love it to the tea:cool2:

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    :smile2:I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY SEVERAL MFG'S THAT THE WATER TEMP NEED'S TO BE CLOSE TO 65/70 FOR IT TO START RELEASING IT FLOVERS AND YOU NEED TO MOVE YOUR BAIT EVERY 10/15MIN. OR SO. WHEN I USE IT I USE A SMALL CORK ABOUT 6" FROM THE HOOK AND THIS KEEPS THE BAIT OUT OF THE MUD AND SEEMS TO WORY BETER . HOPE THIS HELPS

7. WV Catcatcher

WV Catcatcher New Member

State:
    west virginia
    Has anybody tried the berkely power bait for catfish. I got some but havent tried it yet. Thanks Jason

8. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    First off welcome to the BOC!! I have never caught a fish on any dough product:embarassed:. I have wasted my money everytime I have bought it. I wish you luck and keep us posted!!

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Don't waste your time or your money on such products. Just my opinion.

10. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    have used both berkley and also eagle claw nitro biscuits seems to work good for me some days even outfishes chicken liver

11. Catmaxx

Catmaxx New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have used both berkley and eagle claw nitro biscuits also. i didnt do any good with them neither, but then again i thought i would be better off using something these catfish see everyday and are used to feeding on.

12. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    This is one product that I think the owners hopes people by just to gas up his truck once a week month to take his boat out.

13. DWMeyer98

DWMeyer98 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The only commerially made dough bait that I have ever had luck with is Bee Jay bait. It was sort of a mom and pop company when i was growing up. It has expanded but still is pretty regionalized to the midwest. The Missouri and Kansas guys will know what I am talking about. Now that I am in Florida I cannot find it in stores. I had to have my parents mail me some. I'm sure they though that was a funny birthday request, but it works well.

14. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    I have used both the doughy bait and livers in a jar from berkley just take them back they do not work.. Not worth your time just get some good stink bait

15. X24

X24 New Member

State:
    Monroe,Nebraska
    Bee-jays works pretty good around here. Most of the time it's outfished by some dip baits, but it's worked out well when minnows, toads, chicken livers, shrimp and cutbait have all seemed to fail.

On top of actually working, it seems it isn't disgusting smelling-wise, but more or less just has a strong smell. I still have the smell of junnie's sewer bait and bee-jays dough bait on my hands, and truth be told i kinda lke it :eek:oooh:

16. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I tried that berekely stuff once for bout six hours, didnt catch anything. tossed a traded it for shrimp and caught a bunch. so my faith in that bait is not bright. hope this helps