berkley big game

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bluecatnut, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i was want the opinion of the brotherhood about the berkly big game rod i almost bought a 8ft spinner rod but not sure if they would do any good for fishing in a river with alot of current .

thanks in advance

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They will work, with that being said I would not buy one..The guides seem very cheap, and the tip guide does not have a ceramic insert which will groove and cause line wear.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i have two of those in bait caster style. they have served me well on flathead up to 50#s, for 4 or 5 years now. i have tidewater 30 reels spooled with big game 40# line. i didnt expect much from them because of the price but they were definatly worth the money,imo.

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Hey Dusty, I have that rod with a shakespeare spincast reel. It has worked very well for me, I use braided line and have noticed no wear to any of the guides including the very top guide that is just metal. It does cast well and I have pulled some good catfish in on it. Inexpensive but good. :)

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's the same exact thing I can say about them. I've got alot of 30-40 lb blues on my baitcasting big games, and they have done great for the money.
    I use the same reel as River Scum too and the same line also. Works awesome, tidewater reels are only like $35 in wal-mart around here. And they work awesome!

good luck :)