berkley big game

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by PITBULL2888, Sep 15, 2006.

1. PITBULL2888

PITBULL2888 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    is berkley big game any good?

green or clear?

2. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    PITBULL2888, When I used Mono, it was my line of CHOICE!!!!!!!! If and when I do need Mono I will use it again!

HOPPY4

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I personally never have tried it.. but a line i like is Berkley Iron Silk, 30# solar green...

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The most popular mono among catfisherman is most likely Big Game. Its a tough, but reasonably flexible mono. Abrasion resistance is better than most monos. I use it in tests of 15 lbs and up. For reels that I use test weights less than that, I prefer Trilene XT or another product. What the other product is, I haven't found out yet, though Silver Thread is in the running.

5. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Gerald I use it in my outfits in 25lb test and have had no problems with it.Give it a try I think you'll agree it's pretty good.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i use it in 30# it works well on my abu 7000's and my tidewaters

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use Berkley Big Game one all of my big river setups. It has worked very well for me. Still, always check for line abrasions. You never know what your line rubs across. Hope that helps!!

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Oh yeah! Welcome to the BOC, Gerald!!

9. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Cajun red thats all I can say!

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Berkley Big Game is the best line I've ever used. I have 20# solar green on every one of my catfish reels. Try it, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

11. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    big game is the way to go.

12. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I like big game but I found Stren Duratuff to be softer, more limp, less memory, better abrasion resistancem, and a much much longer lifespan. However, I like the pricetag on big game better ;)

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    For me big game is the best I have ever used. Although cajun red is a close second, I have tried every line that stren has made and it all goes right in the trash along with every thing else.

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have all my reels spooled with the 30 pound test

15. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I love the stuff works like a champ, I use the solar green stuff never a problem

16. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I trust it on all my rods... only ones its not on are my ultra lights mostly because well... they don't make 4 lb BBG... I use 12 and 15 lb on most of my reels and 25 on my tournie reels... never had a fish break off unless they were using the barnacles on the pier and that was only one time... I've been hung up on bridge pilings before with the 25 lb and it took the current pulling us away and the boat in reverse to be able to break it and even then it wasn't wanting to break...

17. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga

Not at all argueing matters of opinion, we all have our "fishin favorites" lol-
    just curious tho, duratuff is relatively new, have you tried it yet ? Ive landed my PB striper and PB flathead this year off it, seems pretty good to me... I use it in 20 and 25 lb.
    PS- Im not brand bias I just like what works best lol

18. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I only have it on 1 pole but everyone (just about) raves about it, so it must be doing something right!
    :0a26:

19. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    this is the first year i have used it and i love it

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me too,I have the Electric Blue 30lb test spooled on 3 of my Abu's and love the stuff!!!