Berkley Big Game V/S STREN HIGH IMPACT

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 18, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    im fishing from shore and need to get a far way out to my HOLE

i have the Berkley Big Game#20 and wonder if the STREN HIGH IMPACT #20 would be good for casting distance

is there any recomendations

i need the distance and the strength too :embarassed:
    i fish from shore and use a spinning reel :big_smile:

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Leroy,
    In my opinion the Berkley big game would be the better choice of the two. But, I would also consider going up another 10 pound in line strength due to you might hit a sharp rock or another object while reeling in. That may not happen if you were in a boat. A line that I would highly reccommend is the monofiliment spiderwire 30 pound test. This line is a bit pricey, however it is smaller in diameter, does not kink up after being spooled and seems to handle a much bigger fish than the rated test line. At the present time, I have spiderwire on one reel and Berkely BG 50 pound on one. I like them both, but the spider wire casts much better. Hope this helps you decide. rspd507

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

I fish from the banks 100% of the time and I stand behind this line , Why ?.because I used to fish Big Game 30# on all my rigs, switched about 10 yrs ago and p-line was good as heck then and I can guarantee it is alot better now. IMHO :wink:

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I use Big Game, but High Impact is a good line also. If you want the best strength and long distance casting, then you need to use a superbraid such as spiderwire (I like spiderwire stealth). With all else being the same, a smaller diameter line will allow you to put more line on your spool and to cast farther. You could use 30 lb. braid and it would be stronger and cast farther than 20 lb. mono. If you just prefer mono, then check which of the 2 has a smaller diameter and spool up with it and that might give you some increased casting distance. Good luck fishin'.

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    they both got the same dia but i think im going to make a couple casts when i get down to the water just to make the line more limb

i usta do that with line i didnt even need to do it to but it does increase distance

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    A thought to consider. When one fishes from boat they cast toward the bank. When one fishes from the bank they cast out deeper. My question is do you need to cast as far out? Also adjustment of the reel sometimes plays an important role in casting distance. Both lines you questioned are now made by Berkley. Good luck on your decision.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I bought a spool of the Big Game because thats all the bait shop had at the time. Its seem to have a bit more stretch than the line I am used to. (sufix)... It did cast well and had low memory. In case it was 25lb test big game... I think I am going to strip it not sure yet.....