berkley big game solor green

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by getthenet, Oct 22, 2008.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    berkley big game solor green. i just got 12 1/2lb spools of bbg 40lb test off ebay for 60.00 great deal it the solor green 40lb test same line i used for years its 13.95 per spool at catfish connection 750yds per spool it would have cost me 167.00 plus shipping saved alot of money

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You did get a really good deal on it. I love the Big Game! I've used the Solar Green and liked it really well. I'm using the Electric Blue now. When I run out of it I'll be going back to the Solar Green. I usually use 30# & 40# test.

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    If you don't mind me asking why would you switch from the electric blue back to the Solar green?

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Don't mind at all...:wink::smile2:
    Visibility is the main reason. I can put a black light under my poles and see the small bites with the Solar Green. I can't do it with the Electric Blue. The Blue looks really good with the black rods though. Now, as it is in the dark I pretty much have to rely on the clicker to let me know I'm getting a bite. It seems that a few of the cats I've caught this year have been light biters and have barely pulled the clicker. Not all of them but a few.

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    also a big fan of the big game green,i use the 40lb now switched from 30 lb this summer:smile2:

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    What a steal! I use the biggame and the 40lb big cat from berkley. I love it. I went back to mono about a mounth ago. If your fishing around rock ledges or heavy timber the mono is the only way to go!.......Kip

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    What about during the daytime. How easy is the blue to see?
    Thanks

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    During the day the blue is really easy to see. I like to do a lot of night Flathead fishing and the blue is kinda hard to see. I guess I could use more light but a lot of the areas I fish aren't real deep and I try to keep light to a minimum so I don't cast shadows into the water. Don't get me wrong, I like the Blue really well. Its just the way the cats are biting this year that makes me want to switch back to a higher visibility line. Normal years I never had a problem. The cats are just acting strange this year.

9. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Thanks John. I fish daytime about 95% and am always looking for a line that is tough and easy to see. I also have a cool looking Black and Blue Custom rod with some blue in the wraps that I think would look real good with some electric blue spooled on the Tekota.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You're welcome! I'd say that it would look real good on there. You won't be disappointed in it, thats for sure! I wouldn't be wanting to switch back but I do a lot of night fishing. I'll probably do more day trips now that its getting cold but when its warm the majority of my fishing is at night.
    I wish you the Best of Luck with it!!!:wink:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John with all the bright colors of your line, poles, and reels it is going to look like you are carrying a lighted Christmas tree to the lake. I use solar green and love it. Never tried the blue. With my present eyesight I will stay with solar.

12. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have been using a solar green/yellow line for years and love it. It is BPS Offshore Angler Tightline. I just thought the electric blue would look cool on the new custom rig. I had a stroke to the optic nerve in my left eye last spring so I need a line that I can see well.

13. barboot1

barboot1 New Member

State:
    WV
    I have been using the 30 lb big cat for about 2 years and I really like it. Great visibility at night, Great knot strength an overall great mono line for catfishing!