Berkley Big Game Solar Green

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Looking for feedback on the Berkley Big Game line in the solar green color. I'm guessing this line will be easy to see at night especially with a florescent light on in the boat. Anyone tried it yet?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i used big game solar green for a many years. its a very good line. im trying out the big game hi-test in solar green this year, so far i like it better than the regular big game.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    I love that line,it is very easy to see and looks pretty neat when put up to a black light...ive got a couple of them hand held black lights for this year,i mounted them to my bank rod holders.

4. bj78

bj78 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've used it for the last couple of years. It works great and really lights up with a blacklight.

5. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    Really lights up with a black light, easy to see in the day. I swithced all my rigs over this year.

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Great line and tought also.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I like it too. It works great with a black light.

8. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    I'd like to try this stuff for night fishing this summer. How does it cast? Do you guys use it on a bait caster? What pound test do you use and how much of it can you put on lets say an abu 6500?

9. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I use it on baitcasters. Tidewater 10L reels. I use 25# test in the summer and spool up with 30# in the winter. My son does the winter fishing now due to my old age and the way cold weather affects me, but I still get out there and catch some good eaters in the summer. Good visibility in the daylight and lights up good under a blacklight too. I'm using the 10# solar on my crappie poles now.

10. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    Another question....is there a braid line that would light up good under a black light like the berkely solar green?

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Big game solar is great line I just ordered a bunch from catfish connection

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks for the input gentlemen! I was planning on ordering some from Catfish Connection and thought I'd ask for some feedback before placing my order. Sounds like it's a winner!

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Big George and I did a line test with like 6 different fishing lines about a year ago, when we did it Berkley Big Gave fishing line was the only one that held up to the test it called for on the fishing line . Most of them that was rated at 40# test line broke lets say at 25 to 30# , so I am sold on Berkley Big Game, and all I use is the Solar Green line. and 40# test. But hey thats me you may like something else better.

14. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    DH, do you think that you could post your results if you still have them? Thats something that I would like to see. I was thinking about doing something similar this summer.

15. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    I am afraid not.

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    barbel

Let me do some looking I had posted the results on the old board if I can find them I will move them over here for you.