Berkley Big Game Solar Green

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Douglas Foster, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Does anyone use the Berkley Big Game in Solar green? I'm wanting to know if its an easy line to see at night with a lantern or moon light. Thanks, Doug

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I do.. GREAT Line!!.. Very easy to see at nite, and if you use a black light, it looks about the size or your pinky hehe....

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I've used just about every color of Big Game in the last two years. The Solar Green is the best for visibility. But, maybe its me, but I find it to be a bit more brittle than the regular colors. I'm about to load a reel with Sufix Siege in tangerine, its supposed to be visible in light. Sufix also sells it Elite line in a high vis yellow.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I use it in 40# and it is great. Really tough line, never has been brittle with me until it is about eight months old, bout the time to change my line anyway.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I use the electric blue in 30lb and love the stuff.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
  7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    40# Solar is my favorite line. Awesome visibility, day or night.

8. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah I have it on two of my reels in 20lb test. I used it last year and never had a problem. Thats one of my favorite lines along with suffix lines, both great quality.

9. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I use the Big Game in #50 and the only thing I have against it is that its very stiff with a lot of memory when the tempature dips down in the mid 20's. I then change to braid.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got it on about a dozen reels. Big Game Solar Green 20 lb. is what I use, and its very easy to see both day and night. I buy mine from catfish connection.

I've never noticed it being brittle, and the knot strength is fantastic with this line.