Berkley Big Game Braid?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by duckbuster, Sep 11, 2007.

1. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Anyone tried it yet? I think it is a fairly new product from Berkley. Was just wondering?

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I'm a big fan of braided line. Haven't tried it yet , but I will soon be headed out to get some. :cool2:

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have always used heavy braided but when I found out that it test way over what it says it test at I kinda stopped putting it on all my rods. If I catch a line class record fish and the braided line test way over I guess I wouldn't be happy. But I may give it a try when I go to gulf shores this fall.

4. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Chris, I'm not to sure where the article is, but it was on this site some one posted about a line test with mono with all types of mono lines. I wish could remember where I seen it???? One of the test was about the line break class. Out of all these different lines only two or three tested to the IGFA regs. Most of the manufactures list a poundage on there lines that break way over the stated poundage, it was amazing!! Not good for line records . They say the manufactures don't have to follow no regs. They were testing 20lb. test, and Ande broke at what it was aloud over according with IGFA regs. I don't fish line records and I don't use Ande. I like big game. It tested way over the regs. for IGFA. Just about every one did. One was rated for 20lb. it broke at 39lbs. Amazing!! They say the manufactures do this on purpose so word of mouth of how strong there lines are($$$$$$). Check with the IGFA about your line or you can conduct your own test. Good luck on your line records brother!!! Maybe someone else knows where the article is????

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Shane, Sportfishing Magazine has a good article on line and knot strength. Go to their website and search staying power.

6. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana

Hey Patrick, awesome article!! I put that one in the favorites. That one is better than the other one I saw. Thanks brother!!:cool2:

7. BOZZER

BOZZER New Member

State:
    Kansas
    never tried it, i love the mono though so i would imagine the braid would be good as well