Berkley Big Game Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by ramon06, Dec 27, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was in a Store called Greentop here in Richmond today and saw Berkley Big Game braid in 40, 65, 80 moss green, actually more sizes but was only interested in the 65 or 80. The 80# in 300yds was the same as the PP 80# 300yds at $34.99 I was never aware that Berkley made Braid. Any ratings or reviews?

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Berkley also make's a braid called {hollow braid} It's suppose to the first hollow braid out on the market ,And once you see the price it will leave your wallet book hollow also:smile2:

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    heard of it never used it ,love the big game:wink:

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah after hearing so many great reviews on Big Game Mono and using a few reels with it on my buddy's boat i bought a roll of the 60LB for leaders, Im PP till the day I die but would probably be willing to use some Big Game Braid if you guys who've used it says its comparable to PP, but I guess the best way to find out is to just go for it, Im sure people were skeptical of the TOW Braid and lots of people buy it now

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I bough 3 spools of the Big Game Braid last spring when the local Sportsmans Warehouse here was going out of business.I got it on 2 reels in the white #80 test.I like it as well as the PP or Spiderwire.When I bought it,they had the 300yd spools marked down to $6.I wish they would have had more.After going through a whole season,I,d rank it right up there with the best!I,ve never seen it for sale anywhere else since.:wink:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  6. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    try to find berkley fireline xds 80 or 100lb test best braid made make sure when you use braid to use a braid leader also lost a big one cause i had braid on with mono leader ask jason

7. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    my pockets are already hollow :smile2: I'll pass on that one lol

8. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    may have to try it when its time to buy more braid

9. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I've always considered using a braid leader. I did when I used to fish for channels and it worked perfectly, I just heard it wasnt good to do it with bigger fish, never got an answer on why it wasnt good but just havent tried it, maybe I'll try when we all get together this weekend.

10. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    see ya friday might leave thursday night do a little bank fishing with ya friday

11. BillH

BillH New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Pat,

Berkley Fireline Tracer Braid is an excellant braid also, you might want to read up on it, then check out Tackle Warehouse.com They have the 80#---300yd.---on for a great price right now.

12. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I used 50# braid for my leaders all last year I had no problems with it. The biggest fish I caught was a 27lb blue though. It will cause problems if you snell hooks. I just switched to mono this year so I could snell my hooks.