Berkley Big Cat

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Brandon829, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I decided to buy some Berkley Big Cat 20lb test. Has anybody ever tried this before? I'm a fan of the big game, but I've never tried this one. Comparable? It's definately cheaper at Dicks. Any word?

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Brandon I have used er and its decent line fo sure!I dont know bout the rest ya-all but I have been satisfied with almost anything berkley I have used...Berkley is good !

3. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've always loved Berkley, but always nervous about trying a new line, lol. Thanks for the input

4. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I use BBG 20# in solar green. I love the stuff. Its a good tough line

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I talked to a berkly rep once, he told me the big cat line, was the smae as the big game line, just different packaging.

6. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It's a brighter green too, which for me is easier to see at night. The big is only dark green and clear right? The big cat is a neon green

7. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I too heard the same thing from a Berkley rep.

8. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas

The color you're talking about is called "solar collector" , it will glow in the dark if you have a blacklight. And yes normal Big Game comes in that color too.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php?k=266069&sk=76312&u=BGQS

Read down the list and you'll see "solar collector" as an option.

9. DMFW_5

DMFW_5 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use big cat 30# the only thing I dont like is sometimes it has too much streach.

10. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I just restrung my poles with that stuff last night same exact 20lb big cat and If its the same as big game I must be crazy cause i couldnt wait to switch back from big game to big cat... but i found the spool of big game in my basement so it could be a couple years old and that would explain why it wore out faster than usual

11. SS minner

SS minner New Member

State:
    California, Missouri
    I use the Big Cat 30# and prefer it over 30# power pro. I would like to try Big Game in solor green because it would size a little money, just can't seem to find it?

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    shawn have you try your bait shop around you that is where i get my bbg 30# 1/4 spool for $9.00

13. SS minner

SS minner New Member

State:
    California, Missouri
    I've tryed all the bait shops in my area but can only find it in dark green, clear, and blue.

14. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    For the money you can't beat it. I use 40lb on 2 of my rods it does pretty good.

15. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i use some on my one rod, 40# test and so far it works pretty good, i put smaller baits or cut baits on it for small flats and channels and it works good for mono. my only thing is its so thick that 80 yards of it and it filled my spinnig reel.

16. festus

festus New Member

Yep, and the Big Cat line costs triple the amount of Berkley Big Game. I'm sold on Berkley Big Game. I used to like Bass Pro Shop's EXCEL, but big game is much better. The EXCEL is made in China nowadays, guess that makes a difference.