Berkely Ironsilk

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Derick, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Derick

Derick New Member

State:
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    i was wondering if anyone uses or has used berkley's ironsilk and how well was it liked/disliked?? any info would be helpful.

2. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You beat me to it :eek:oooh: I was going to post the same question. I'd like to know also. It says it's smooth casting yet 3-4 times more abrasion resistant than other "tough" lines. I've been useing Big Game, but it has high memory and coils out of a spincast reel (733 Hawg). Iron silk seems to be the best of both world, hope to here some input from ironsilk users.
    -Thanks

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The silk part is a fact. It ties knots real smooth. However it does not perform to the # test it says it is. Proved it with DH and I used to swear by it.

4. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    I had really bad luck with this line. It seemed to snap really easy. Had it snap on me on a few casts, lob cast at that. Even broke it a few times while tying leaders. I lost about half of the 30 lb. line on my Abu 7000 in about 3 trips last year. Every time I good snagged it snapped. Switched back to Big Game, I really like the new blue color. Have a good one, Chuck.