Berkely Bigcat fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by katfish hunter, Jan 1, 2006.

1. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    i'm thinkin about orderin some berkely trilene bigcat fishin line.Has anybody ever used this line?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I use the 40# solar green big cat, it's good line.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I've used the 20# solar green on My channel cat poles and loved it. real easy to see at night. where are you getting it?

4. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    how does this line compare to the berkley big game

5. coolbig2

coolbig2 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    You can get it at catfish connection for an excellent price.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know many people who use this line and they like it...I think it is about the same as berkly biggame.

7. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I would be willing to bet that it's the same as the Big Game line. Just packaged different and priced higher. Best deal moneywise is the Big Game in 1/4 lb. spools or larger.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    diameter is the same, everything is the same from what I can tell. I think Grumpy is correct.

9. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I use the big game on one of poles for lure fishing, it does stand up to alot of abuse. And seems to have more strength than the lb test stated.

10. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I've never found the perfect line although I've tried for many years. So far, the best I've found for bass fishing is Silver Thread AN40. Great for baitcast reels.

For cat fishing, it's Big Game. 25# in the summer and 30-40# in the winter.

I've been using 10# Big Game Solar on my crappie fishing poles because the visibility helps a lot in preventing tangles when spider rigging and I like it about as good as any I have found. The color doesn't seem to bother the crappie.

11. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I have used the Big Cat and I really like it alot. The solar green is easy to see especially with a Black Light. Hope this helps Catfish Connection has this in stock as well as a Black Light.

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just got a spoll of the big game hi-test in solar green, it seems to be about the same diamater as the regular big game but just a touch stiffer. just spooled my reels so i dont know how it performs yet. it's supposed to be more abrasion resistant.

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was thinking about getting some of this line myself in the 30# test.My question is,since its such a bright color,cant the fish see it real easy to?Is it like a nighttime only line or what?It sure is bright.I normally use cajun red line because its tough as nails but it can be hard to see sometimes.Also i could be wrong about this but it looks to be thicker then the red line as well could that be a problem casting?I know its alot of questions for one post but im trying to better educate myself about fishing line.Thanks guys.

14. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I use the #20 lb. in the solar green on my channel cat rods. I love the stuff and it is the same as the big game. Just a different label for marketing.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    a long time ago i used to think the same thing about cats seeing the bright line, i learned though they dont have the best of eyesight. i try to use the brightest line i can. its much easier to see during the day and night. dont worry about the color of the line, they cannot see it, unless your in really clear water and even then i doubt they will turn down an offering.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I agree, they really dont seem to care that much about the color of the line. I'm the same as you....I use the brightest line I can because it really helps keep the lines straight.:)

17. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    i use 30 and 40 pound test. Great line.

18. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I use the Solar Green, Neon and Envy Green on most of my cat rods, day or night and never had any trouble. Sure they might be able to see it but they don't seem to care a whole as the run with it.

19. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    What you can do if you are worried with the Big Cat Trilene's bright color is use the Trilene Big game in the clear color for a leader then use the Big Cat above it. Although I really don't think Catfish are turned off by color.

20. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i bought some hi-vis green #20 today, im tryin it out today, ill see how it goes.