Berkely Big Game Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catstalker459, Jun 13, 2007.

1. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    hey anyone have any of the berkely big game rods and are they good or not????? saw wally world had them for 20.00.....

2. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I got 2 of these rods several seasons ago from Wal-Mart for the same price. The Rods I bought were 2 piece rods...figured that out after I got home. They were assembled on the rack and not paying attention I carried them around the store and all the way home at their full 7 foot lenghth...drove my wifes car that day and had to drive home with the rods out the window,cane pole style...lol. Personally I'm a little leery of a 2-piece but these rods have caught several nice fish.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have an 8 footer 2 piece medium heavy and it is a great rod, will handle a 40 lb blue cat.

Aaron

TA2D

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I have a 7 1/2 ft. 2 piece, & it has done well. I don't know what it is made of, but the quaility seems ok for $20. I like a 2 piece rod. I also have a 2 piece ugly stick catfish 8 ft. & it's the cat's meow, for a few dollars more. They are both M/H, I only catch eaters seems like.
    :smile2:

5. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    thanks BOOTs

hey i bet if u use some cut bait or small gills u will get u a new personal best

good luck to ya

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Hey guys I need a new rod for a 5600 ab dose the rod have cork grips or foam? Do you have a pic of the rod. Thanks in advance.

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The 6'-6" poles are one piece poles. That's the only reason I bought them cause I don't care for two piecers. They're an OK rod for the money though.

8. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have one of the Berkely's and an Ugly Stick Catfish...both are good rods, I landed my PB 40# flattie on the Berkely, no problems with it yet. I agree with Bootshoal though, spend a little extra for the peace of mind.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a couple they are decent rods for the money.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I bought one for a buddy for his birthday. I didn't give it to him 'til I'd tried it out a few times.:cool2: I think it's a pretty darn nice fishing rod. Soft tip to detect bites, but it's got plenty of backbone. Those are the only 2 qualities I really HAVE to have in a rod. It'd be nice if it were a little lighter, but for the money it's a darn nice rod.

11. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I just bought one today at walmart for 19.00 6"6' mh 1 piece. Im going to go try it out tonight with my new katbobbers.

12. CATBUSTER

CATBUSTER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I HAVE THE 2 PC 8' ROD FISH 3 OZ OF LEAD WITH HAND SIZE BREAM WITH NO PROBLEM

13. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Well my berkley big game came through for me tonight I caught a 10lb flathead on her tonight to break her in. She done just fine and so did my 5600 AB. 19.00 well spent.
    her she is
    [​IMG]

14. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I have a 7 1/2 and 8 ft. I like the 8 ft much better. It's a spinning rod, but handles my Abu 6000 fine, I couldn't find a casting rod except for the 7 1/2 ft. The 8 is a MH and the 7 1/2 is a M and the tip has a little more play than I like.

15. bodi

bodi New Member

State:
    missouri
    berkley is not a bad rod i actually favor them more than any other rod/reel:wink:

16. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have 2 of these rods. one is a 2 piece and the other is a one piece. I do like the one piece the best but sometime I'll run to the lake in my small car to fish a little while from the bank and thats when the 2 piece rod shines. They have both taken all the abuse that I have given them. For the price they are good rods.

17. txcats

txcats New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have one 7' and I am going back to get a couple more.

18. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Just bought one for my nephew yesterday. Didnt want to invest too much money you know how kids are they love something one day and the next its sitting in the basement .Its a 6"6 spinning rod 2 piece for $20. Originally we where after one of those cheapo's deal with the reel but all the ones they had either had a broken tip or missing the handle to the reel. So i choose this one and gave him one of my older Shimano reels. It seem to be an ok rod pretty light, tip is a little on the soft side but better than some of my other cheapo rods that I have bought before. Im considiring buying one myself to replace my Ol Whiskers rod which has less back bone to it. Or i can just wait till he gets tired of it and tosses it. lol

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish, Crab!