Beouf River

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by TOPS, Oct 15, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Any B.O.C. members from north Louisiana ever fished this river? I have heard some nice cats have come from this river. :confused:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I fished this river when i was young. It has been many many years. has anyone fished it lately?

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Has any member from Louisiana heard of this river? I ask a question and get no responce.

4. spaz

spaz New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have never fished it...but LA Game and Fish says it's one of the better rivers to fish for cats in Louisiana...

"One of the most beautiful and overlooked rivers in Louisiana, the Ouachita, offers excellent fishing. Anglers can also find exceptional fishing in the Tensas River and the Boeuf River."

Like I said...I haven't fished it...heck, I aint never seen it.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Yep my grandfather and I caught a 30 pound flat on limb lime from that river years ago. This river is over looked by many catfishermen.

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I've duck hunted on it but never fished it.

7. WildWillie

WildWillie New Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    But never fished there. Used to fish the Black River below Jonesville at the lock and dam. Lot's of channel cat, mostly just good eating size. My Dad was a very dedicated cat man. At times we ate more catfish than anything else. He had probably fifty catalpa trees, and we always put 100s of worms in the freezer. Fond memories.

Will

8. old poot

old poot New Member

State:
    La.
    Butch Cooke here Ihavent fished the Beouf river but I fish the tensas fairly often we just came back from a trip and caught pretty good

9. Fred Rankin

Fred Rankin New Member

State:
    Benton, Louisiana
    I was raised about 5 miles from the Beouf River. It is located between Columbia and Winnsboro. It forms the boundry between Caldwell and Franklin Parish in this area. There is a good launch at the new river bridge on Hwy 4 about 12 miles east of Columbia. You can also primitive camp at the launch site. Mosquitoes are very bad if it is a rainy season. The Corps straightened this river years ago and it seems to stay muddy( catfish don't seem to mind the muddy water). It does not have a levee and overflows it's banks if there is a large rainy spring. This makes for some great fishing in the trees. A large rain can/will cause a big change in the river level because the river is not a large or deep river like the Ouachita. The Beouf Wildlife Game Reserve covers both the north and south side of hwy 4 in this area, so be sure to obey all game laws especially firearms during non-hunting season. This area is rated one of the best for mallard duck hunting if rains come early and floods the hardwood bottoms (Backwaters). It also has a large population of hogs.

10. jamesnewsom

jamesnewsom New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Never fished the river but have done a lot of hunting in the game reserve and had lots of luck taking a good many nice hogs and some nice deer also. I might have to try the river to try my luck.

11. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I'm from southeast Arkansas and have fished it only once in Chicot county.I've heard it had some nice size cats in it.I do plan on going back this summer with a boat.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Many thanks to you all for the reply. I try to reply to everyone that ask a question that I am sure. If I do not know the answer I tell them so. Again thanks for the replies.

13. Buddylee

Buddylee New Member

State:
    Delhi,Louisiana
    Ive recently moved fairly close to it. Havent fised it yet but father inlaw tells me many stories about it. Have heard talk from others around town about it. Plan to fish it soon.

14. Bonne Idee Don

Bonne Idee Don New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I think access may be a problem for many people trying the Beouf. Horseshoe Lake and Bonne Idee Bayou close and easier to use. Catfishing not much in Horseshoe though

15. Bonne Idee Don

Bonne Idee Don New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    North of Rayville the river forms the boundary of Morehouse and West Carroll Parishes. I am on the Bonne Idee just a few miles from there. I know of no access to the river but I do know the people who live or have camps there do catch catfish.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    There is a public ramp out side Mangham going toward columbia.

17. ldousay

ldousay New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi,

I was searching the net today; randomly typing things in Google, really missing my grandfather....I was surprised to see your post. My granddaddy used to log catfish in the Beouf River...In fact; they say he and my uncle logged all the big ones out of the river... My cousin still lives about a stone's throw from the river..it runs into Three Rivers, and you have to cross the Three River Bridge to go into Winnsboro. Granddaddy's gone now, and I'm much older, seeing the river on this website almost brought him back again!

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am so sorry not to find your post any quicker, I love to fish that rive as a teen, had many a good time fishing that small river, yes there are some good cats there if the hoop nets have not thinned them out.