Benoit

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LIL_ostrom, Jun 26, 2007.

1. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    For those of you who followed wrestling to a certain extent. Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet but WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit lost his mind and went on a rampage. I actually met this guy and held a semi intelligent conversation with him about 5 years ago at the Crown Collesuim in Fayetteville NC. Sat down with him for about 30 min and just BSed about everything. I didnt know he was mental. This dude was huge and could have killed me on the spot. Glad I got away...

2. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    It was a sad thing that happenend, but its really sad he had to kill his 7 yr old son. i believe thats the worst thing a person can do is harm a child. :sad2:

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    They said that His wife and him were fighting over the care of thier mentally retarded son. I guess the stresses of his care put a strain on them. I do not know how you could kill your own child, I don't care how "stressed" you are. Well may they all rest in peace, I will pray for them.

4. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Terrible tragedy "Roid Rage" is what they are pointing to and to take your own life is one thing but to take wife and kid with you is just wrong. I do not understand what could be so wrong in your life to be cause you to do something like that.

Their families will be in my thoughts and prayers!

5. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    it was not "roid rage" someone with that does not leave bibles or text messages so ppl can get there before he killed himself. now this is a struggler noone will really know what happen except him his wife child and the good Lord. so this is my request to all of you please dont assume things when the paper says it. he was a good man his family and all were great i had a chance to meet them all and get to know them on a personal bases just remember he was like us all he had everyday issues and problems alot was going on and alot happen so just keep them in your prayers he still has two other children here remember them.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Prayers go out to all the family and friends!!! :sad2:

7. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    yeah, very tragic. i dont see how even all the stress in the world could force someone to do that. prayers go out to the family.

8. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i still cant believe it....its a shame to see that someone was so troubled and didnt reach for help...

9. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fishingbuddie
    I am sorry if i offended you with my comments and you are right only God knows what went on in his mind and the press usually does not help in situations like this but his child and wife did not do anything to deserve getting killed no matter what the situation was. Everybody does have their own set of problems but it is how you deal with them that makes you a good man or a good woman.
    Its a tragedy and i feel for the family thats is left to deal with it.
    Just my personal opinion.

10. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    It is a shame, I worked for ECW for a short time while he wrestled for them, it seemed like a ok guy, pressures of the job mixed with drug use is a bad thing. My thoughts and prayers go out.......

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Truly sad, I followed his career from ecw to wcw to wwe. He seemed like he was ok, never heard about him tearing up hotel rooms or harassing others like some do. Hard to even think about it, thoughts and prayers go out.

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But if he was mentally ill then all I can say is you don't understand because you personally have never dealt with mentally ill people or persons. I have therefore I won't stand in judgement of him.You say how could he kill his own child simple something chemically in the brain is unbalanced.When that happens they can do any number of things that are truly tragic. Forgiveness is a must in these situations because these people are truly ill. I seen a documentary once(it about made me ill)where this guy was homeless due to his mental health and he found absolutely nothing abnormal about taking a dump and then using it to smear all over the room where he was staying(if you want to call it a room maybe best to say the enclosure where he spent the night. As far as seeking help,tons of these people are getting help but they must be supervised due to the fact that they forget or won't take their meds or they say they don't like the way the meds make them feel.The meds are designed to make them live in a more acceptable manner which to them is unacceptable.The bazarre behavior we witness to them isn't bazarre.All I'm saying is I feel very sad to hear of it.Ya don't know maybe he killed his kid because he heard "Voices" and those voices told him to do this tragedy then when he did it he was either overcome with grief because they can go in and out of it or perhaps the voices told him to kill himself. Stuff like this happens all the time. I agree with the lady that stated we should not be judging him.If he was sick blame the sickness not the patient.JMHO:sad2:

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

forgiveness is not in my hands or yours, Pat..the man is dead. only God sits in the seat of judgement and forgiveness now..the bastards that run this "sport" should be ...well...they have their own problems and judgement to face.

i am ashamed of myself for watching when i have, and from here on i resolve not to watch this junk...

14. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    just to let you know i was not offended by what you said just got tried of everyon jumping to conclusions,. just like now ppl are saying he went on rampage in which now they are saying foul play is in voled so we really dont know who did it.

15. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    i aggree with you 100%

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forgiveness isn't in our hands.Yes according to the Bible some of it is,while you are correct that God stands in Judgement of us all,it also states if WE don't forgive God will not forgive us!So I say forgive him,pray for his surviving family members that they will have strength to get through this.JMHO:big_smile:

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Did you guys/gals know that www.wikpedia.org had that posted about his wifes death 14 hours BEFORE the police discovered thier bodies? really wierd. It's being investigated by the FBI as we speak! ...I smell fowl play somewhere.

18. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    This has hit me like a ton of bricks. As some of you know I am involved in Wrestling (Referee) and trust me when I say, Chris was highly respected in the wrestling circle. In 2002 the Cauliflower Alley club (I happen to be on the Board of Directors) awarded him with the future legend award in Las Vegas. Chris was 100% wrestling. This past week has been total chaos for myself. I have received phone calls from several well known wrestlers, both active and retired and we are all totally shocked about these events.

For someone to do what Chris done...not just to Nancy and Daniel,but the non-published details for the way he took his on life,He could not have been in his right mind.

Triple H has a saying,"Dont hate the player, Hate the game!"
    That saying is so true for what wrestling has turned into. The 70's and 80's didnt see the things thats happening today(with a few exceptions). The 70's & early 80's was the glory days of professional wrestling. And you didnt have "freaks of nature" like today. You had the beans and taters wrestlers that everyone could relate to. My oh my, I miss them days.....

As a previous post stated,Chris has a couple other children. They should be remembered in your prayers along with the parents of Chris and Nancy.

Paul Bearer, the Undertakers manager for eons said it best,"The Holy Bible tells us that it isn't our place to judge. Prayer is in order."

Teddy
    aka Referee Morgan Dollar

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As previously stated I am not a wrestling fan but my dear departed Daddy and his mother my "Granny" my goodness,it was just plain comical to watch.My daddy was interested ,but my"granny" she'd sit on the very edge of her couch and it was like she was in the ring with 'em! "Well Fool!! Don't just stand there,get him!!! "Oh watch out there he comes with that chair,he's gonna get ya!! Back then,in the 70"s to my knowledge,they didn't have the goin's on they have today.Wrester's promoted good health,excercize and a good education.Back then was the good ole days.JMHO,I will say Teddy you have my condolences.I am very sorry for this tragedy to have rocked your world the way it has.To say that you and the others have been struck speechless is most likely putting it very mildly.I guess this goes to show that we never really do know what is actually really going on in each other's lives.Once again,I am very sorry!!JMHO:sad2: