Benny's sure-shot bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by IfishFORcatfish, Nov 14, 2006.

1. IfishFORcatfish

IfishFORcatfish New Member

State:
    california
    has anyone ever use the stuff?? its 30 $$ for 8 pounds of it? thanks brothers

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Never heard of it. But you should try every bait you can get until you find the best one for your pond. If you can get a smaller size to try it out that would save you money. Good luck

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Good idea,but what they like one night,they might not the next! lol

4. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    I take several baits when I go. Like Netman said, they do change their minds.

In my waters, fishing the way I do "Benny's Sure Shot" is at the top of the list. It produces a bit larger catfish than Sonny's, other dip baits, worms or liver. I think this is because of the chunks of shad in the bait.

I like the stuff.

5. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sure Shot is the best bait I've ever used. I buy about three gallons a year and it is well worth the price. Make sure you keep it in a cool spot or it gets runny. Just add shredded toiltet paper or cotton balls if this happens. First time I used it we had been in a spot for 45 minutes and had shrimp, liver and shad lines out with no bites. I put Sure Shot on a line and caught a 5 pounder before I could set the rod down. Rebaited and caught another before it I even stop letting line out. Caught 5 more within 15 minutes.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where do you buy this stuff at? Does it work in the Rivers? I paid a good amount for DK and never had a even a nibble! So I want to get something that really works!:big_smile:

7. gsbrown00

gsbrown00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Id hope it was a sure shot for that price I prefer to whip up my own cheese bait/cut bait and chum with milo this time of year. Goodluck with it though.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know what you mean ive never even had so much as a nibble on DK.
    The only things so far ive had any luck with at all as far as dip and punch baits are hog wild and premos super sticky.

9. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If the current is strong i dont know how well it would work in a river. I tie up to trees on Lake Fork and fish about 20 minutes per spot. No bite and move on. When they are there they will definitely hit it within that time frame. Sometimes we will spend 2 hours in one spot just crushing them. Most between 4 and 6 pounds with several dinks. Best i've caught on this bait was 23 pounds. Sure is fun to catch a ton of fish though. As far as getting it, just google Benny Roberts Sure Shot punchbait and order directly from him.

10. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I assume you punch with a treble hook?

11. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That cat i am holding is a 9 pound sure shot channel..........

12. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I use Benny Robert's Sure- Shot, right along with my DK's. I've caught many fish on both of them.

Some days they prefer one or the other, but I'm always "ARMED". For quite awhile i never got anything on the DK's either but all of a sudden, I started catching them like mad on it. I've never tried the garlic, just the original & blood.

I'll back up either product any day :tounge_out:

13. georgiamike

georgiamike New Member

State:
    Texas
    I tried Sure shot for the first time last week end and caught more on it then I have on anything else. About 4 to 5 times more to be exact. I was gonna post a message about it but thought that since they were not a sponser I shouldnt.

14. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    If you are interested in some of Benny's Sure Shot bait try this web address

http://www.catfishbait.net/

If by chance I just did a "NO-NO" and a Mod deletes the address, drop me a note and I'll send you the address.

15. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    The stuff works pretty good for prepared bait. I have even seen several hits on it smeared on shad in the middle of winter during a snow storm when shad alone wouldn't get any hits.