Benny Robert's Punch Bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by trnsmsn, Apr 10, 2006.

1. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Just Got A Chance Yesterday To Try Benny Robert's Punch Bait, The Stuff Is FANTASTIC!!. I Caught About 20 Nice Channels In a Short Period Of Time. I Was Also Using Chicken Hearts But Only Caught A Couple Of Bullheads On Them.

The Only Problem That I Had With The Punch Bait Is That If You Are Trying To Use Multiple Poles You'll Miss A Bunch Of Hook-Ups Because It Comes Off The Hook So Easy :mad: .

I'm Looking For Suggestions As How To Keep It On The Hook Better :rolleyes:

Thanks In Advance, Elliot

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Mix in some cattails.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    We Don't Have Any Cattails Around Here, Got Any Other Ideas ?

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah add flour to it until its as thick as you want it.

5. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    try tearing stips of paper towels or dryer lint. i have use benny roberts for 2 years now and i am sold on it, ive never had a slow day yet using the stuff....

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    I Bought 1 Gallon & Will Be Rordering More Today, I Opened Up A Beer & Never Got A Chance To Drink It. All Of The Strikes Were Hard & Fast. I Caught A Couple In The 3LB Range & The Rest Were All About 1LB or More.

Good Luck & Have A Great Day, Elliot

7. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Mix some cotton with it

8. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Where do you buy that junk. Sounds good to me. I use danny king, but will try anything. I never heard of it before.

9. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Never mind guys. I punched it into my puter and came up with the site to buy it.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Is this stuff as good as Danny Kings?

11. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    yea where can i get this stuff

12. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Been using Sure-Shot for about 3 years and it does a very good job on the eater catfish. If you can't get any Cattail fuzzy then put the mulcher blade on the lawn mower and run over some paper towels then mix these in.

If you using a "clean" hook it won't load up as well as a used hook. Just keep poking into the tub till you get some tallow on your hook, it won't come off shy of pliers. A good punchbait should only stay on the hook for 15 minutes anyway, when it does fall off it acts just like chum. It always seems like the bite picks up the more fish I catch and casts I make. Besides, if you haven't been bit in 30 minute it's time to move on.

I've gone through 5 gallons in the last 3 years and need to order more, I like to let it age on the shelf for a year before I use it........think it's better. I also like adding shad fillets(scaled) to my bait. A paint stirrer is tops for punching, it also lets you pack the bait on the hook a bit. Also, if you really want to hang a lot of fish, keep the rod in your hand and set the hook on anything that doesn't feel right. It's amazing how gently a big channel can pick up a bait.

13. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    I still Haven't Caught anything On My Tub Of DK's, Maybe It's The WAter Temp. I'm Still Trying:eek: