Benjamin Air Rifle

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by steveg442, Nov 4, 2006.

1. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've had a .177 cal Benjamin Air rifle since I was a kid. I took it out the other day and it will not hold air. Can the replacement seals be ordered on line? Has anyone ever rebuild one? It looks to me like two spring pins need to come out to release the piston or did I miss something.

Thanks for any help.

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good Morning, You should be able to get an exploded parts diagram online w/o a problem. It's been a long time since I've worked on one but I believe that you are correct about removing the 2 roll pins to get to the seals.

I somehow think that Benjamin & Sheridan Merged ?...I dunno:roll_eyes:

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Be careful popping the pins, think there is a spring. Been a long time. If it is one of the really older ones, the seals may be leather beleive it or not.
    If they are, soak them in 30W motor oil. But sounds like a worthwhile rebuild project if you have had it as a boy. Wish I still had mine....
    :sad2:

4. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    there is a spring inside that will fly about 200 feet if u dont very slowly let off the tension,i took one apart before,broke a picture frame hehe:embarassed:

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Give these folks a hollar and get a manual, that way you'll at least save a picture frame. lol

crosman

Joe

6. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Try putting some oil on the seals.i worked on one last night and that seemed to work.