BENGALS vs COLTS

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Nov 15, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To say Sundays game is big would be an understatement:

The 9-0 Colts vs the 7-2 Bengals!

It should be interesting. I am a HUGE Bengals fan (yes, even when they were horrible) I am scared to death, not so much of Manning/Harrison but James could run over the Bengals D with his eyes closed & handcuffed! The Bengals D-Backs can hold their own vs Manning/Harrison, in my opinon. I would love to say that I beleive the Bengals will take the Colts, but I'm not so sure about that. What are some of you people from Indy thinking? What are the local sport show guys execting. The official line, last I checked was only 5 points (of corse Colts were favored)

Earlier this year, Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson drove together & went to a Colts game. They got the tickets from E.James & were sitting right behind the Colts bench. I guess they went to see what kind fo interaction Manning & Harrison have & try to build their own chemistry even stronger. I would love to see Palmer & Johnson raise it up a notch this week.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope the colts destroy them :D

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yea the Colts are who I'm going for.
    Should be a win for them.

4. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    COLTS All The Way :D
    The only thing I worry about is the weather. It seems like it shouldn't matter because our weather and Cincy's is about the same. We have a outdoor place to practice. It should be a good game :cool:

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Bryan. I think it will be a good game, but I believe we are the best team in the NFL. I like Chad Johnson, but I am not sold on Carson Palmer yet. Good luck to your Bengals this weekend! ;)

6. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    lilryjoe, did you just say good luck to a team that is playing yours? Hell must be cold today.

7. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Nick, I'm not such a bad guy once you get to know me :eek: He asked the question nicely and I responded nicely. When people run their mouths, then I will tell them they are going to get blown out!

8. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Aw shucks, i guess I had you pegged wrong. :confused:

9. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    All us COLTS BOYS are alright! :rolleyes: :D :eek:

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    You're right D, we are a good group of guys. Always curtious and thinking of other people's feelings. We always show good sprotsmanship when playing other teams. Dungy is the most calm, cool, and collected coach in football. We are the best team in the league though. ;)

11. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    This is gonna be a good game. Mathis and Freeney should be there to keep pressure on palmer. I think James is going to have a big game for the colts.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    We will beat the Bengals! Period!!! ;)

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The teams have ALOT in common. It's sort of like the Bengals are a younger version of the Colts:

1.) Tony Dungy (who I think is underated as a coach, how could Tampa Bay let him go?) & Marvin Lewis are alot alike.
    a.) They both are defensive Masterminds
    b.) They both are (usuallly) calm, cool, collective
    c.) They both are respected. (The respect has been EARNED, which is important)

2.) They both have GREAT WR's
    a.) Dare I say, possiblly the best two passing/receiving teams. Some may argue that point, but neither team, in my opinon has a weak player @ the WR position.
    b.) M.Harrison & C.Johnson are both TD machines.

3.) Both have MAJORLY improved the Defense
    a.) The Colts have the better D-Line, no doubt
    b.) The Bengals may have the best group of D-Backs (at causing TO's)

4.) Both have relaible running game.
    a.) Advantage COLTS, but Rudi & Chris Perry are not slouches. If the Bengals can get ahead Rudi can control a game by gaining 4-5 yards on every play) E.James can of corse BE the game!

5.) Palmer (vs Manning)-My favorite part :)
    You may have to watch Palmer just in case no one is sure on him yet. The poise he shows, the decisions he makes, the leader ships qualities, they all remind me of some "other" QB in th midwest, I think his name is Peter, Paul, Peyton, something like that. ;)

14. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    uuummm, we'll see come Sunday, I know the Colts are a great team, but I think Palmer and the Johnson boys will give them a run for their money. :D

15. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I'm not saying it's going to be a blow out, I actually think it will be a pretty good game. It will all come down to which defense can step it up and make stops. Carson Palmer is going to get pressure on him early and often! Mathis and Freeney are the real deal and Cato June will be looking for Palmer to force a bad pass because of the pressure and will probably come up with an interception. We have the fourth ranked D now, a big improvement from 29th last year. We are also first in the league in points scored! I am looking forward to a good game, but the Colts should come away with this one! ;)

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Oh Jim, If you haven't noticed, all of teams that we have played always drop eight in coverage. That's when we run Edgerrin James down their throut! And if they want to Blitz, then they will always get torched! Peyton is the best in the league at reading the defense and calling audibles! That;s why Peyton hasn't been throwing as many passes this year and our run percentage is 56%!! If the opponents wouldn't drop eight in coverage every time, Peyton would have another 40 touchdown year!

17. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I hope the Bengals give us a good fight! It is almost boring watching the Colts stomp team after team (almost!). Go Blue!

18. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    if the Colts bring their game, noone and I mean NOONE can compete with them. The only chance the bengals have is they catch the Colts sleeping.

-Brian

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    1st Series on D: Penality which lead to a TD
    1st Series on O: Penality, didnt hurt but still a mental error
    2nd Series D: 66yd TD

Doesnt look good, but I can live w/ the 66 yard TD, but I cant bare to watch are the penalities. You can not be a good team & make these mental mistakes.

So far from what I see, I have my own asnwer for the question: Can the Bengals Hang w/ the teams? NO they can not. (Jac, Pit, Ind) The game is still young, so who know what will happen, but the MENTAL ERRORS MUST CEASE! :cursing:

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My lord, what a game. They are going to score 100+ points.