Bengal Fans..... What to do with Chris Henry?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 30, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What a piece of work:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry was arrested on gun charges in a weekend street altercation, authorities said.
    Advertisement

Henry pulled a 9 mm pistol on a group of revelers early Saturday, according to a police report. An officer directing traffic aimed his gun at the 22-year-old Henry and ordered him to drop the pistol, the report states.

Henry froze, then moved toward a limousine in the street and threw the gun inside the car, the report says. The officer pulled Henry away from the limo and pushed him to the ground, according to the report.

Police said Henry, who still faces drug charges from an arrest last month in Kentucky, appeared to be preparing to fight with a group on the sidewalk.

Officers found a 9 mm Luger on the back seat of the limo and a loaded magazine in a gutter where Henry was standing, the report says. The Pasco County Sheriff's Office had listed the gun as stolen, the report states.

Henry was charged with felony counts of possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm. He posted $3,000 bail and was released later that night, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the team had no comment Monday night.

Henry was charged with two counts of marijuana possession after a traffic stop Dec. 15 in Covington, Ky. Those charges are pending.

Henry had 31 catches for 422 yards and six touchdowns in 2005, his rookie year out of West Virginia. The Bengals took him in the third round, hoping he would outgrow the problems that accompanied him in college.

In his last season at West Virginia, Henry was ejected from a game against Rutgers for two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, prompting Mountaineers coach Rich Rodriguez to bench him for the first half of the next game. Rodriguez told Henry that he had embarrassed himself and the program.

Henry also was suspended for the final regular-season game -- a 16-13 loss to Pittsburgh -- for violating team rules.
    AP NEWS

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Trade him to Pittsburgh for hines ward;)

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I say keep him on the team, but either draft another WR, or promote Kelly Washington back to thr #3 WR or let Kevin Walter be the #3 guy. Dont cut Henry though, he is the kind of guy that could improve his behavior & turn out to be a Pro Bowl WR.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buddy, you want that thug on your team????... I think he would fit in well with the Ravens..I am surpised you dont want the bengals to draft Marcus Vick:confused:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Please keep that loser on the Bengals, another T.O. type to destroy the team, we sure don't want him here in Pittsburgh. Nice try flathunter but your not getting Hines Ward, lol.:)

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Theres no crying in football! We dont want Hines Ward! Give me Chad Johnson & TJ, you can keep Hins Ward & Randle El!

7. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Send him to Denver !!! Him and T.O. would make a GREAT hit out there !!!

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    They need to cut strings and send him with Maurice Clarett.both are great talents but have no idea haw to handle the stardom

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    They need to throw his a$$ in the penitentry where it belongs with all the other criminals!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes I really hope he spends time in jail. I am now hearing that he may facce jail time in KY for the pot charge since this happened less than 60 days from his pot charge. Hes looking @ lots of crap now, the gun had been reported stolen, so that doesnt help. He needs to decide: NFL & become a millionaire for work 5 months out of the year or losse everyting & stay a gangbanger w/ his friends. What a hard damn decision. He should look @ Chad Johnson. Granted some dont like him, but hes busted his rear to change that lifestyle. Chad Johnson slept in the film room his rookie & 2nd seasons. He watched film all night & slept on the couches. This clown (Henry) is busy getting busted for drugs & guns (illegal) all within the span of 44 days. Lets see he has a suspended licesne, had no license when he got busted for the drugs, now was caught w/ a stolen firearm, aggravated assult w/ the same stolen firearm, etc..... I hope he is made an example out of by the NFL & the courts.

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I think he already made his decision. He had his chance at fame and fortune and blew it being stupid.

12. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    Not everyone in the NFL makes millions a year. The following represents Henry's salary per year.

2005 - $230,000
    2006 - $310,000
    2007 - $385,000
    2008 - $460,000
    2009 - $545,000

He got a signing bonus of $865,000. All NFL contracts are NOT guaranteed. The only thing guaranteed is the signing bonus. If he were to be cut, he would see $zero of the rest of his contract.

Thats a lot of money, but its not multiple millions of dollars.

On to the subject. Let the guy go to court before passing judgement on him. Thats one of the things that makes this country great and unlike countries with a dictator in place.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Chris Henry is is a punk, a thug, a gangbanger, and quilty as charged.

14. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    That is still a hell of alot of money to play Ball. He should get zero and he should be cut and I'll say it again, he is a crimanal and he belongs in prison. :mad:

15. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Being a huge Bengals fan i say get rid of him and play Kevin Walter and Kelley Washington more. I hope Henry goes to jail and shares a cell with Clarett and Vick :p

16. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
  17. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    have been a bengals fan since i was 6yrs old. my team has struggled enough over the years, we dont need this. besides if a normal person like you or i would have done what he did wed have to do at least 5yrs in prison. thats where he should be.

18. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    He needs to be gone even though hes good. Obviously he stupid

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    just take him behind the barn and shoot him, man what a waste of good talent

20. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    So le tme get this right he is only getting paid $230,000 for playing a game that most people really enjoy and to be treated like a celeberty, Boo Hoo. Come on now, let's look at this rationally let's say he is a $20,000 secertary and his boss found out that he was doing drugs and pulling guns on people, How long would he have that $20,000 a year job, about 15 mins after his boss found out. Now let's look at his $230,000 a year job and it is going to be accepted and he will continue to play fottball. B.S.