Benelli Supernova??

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by DCcatfisher, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was wondering if anybody shoots a Benelli Nova or Supernova and how do you like it. I have been looking at them here recently because my old Winchester Ranger 1400 and Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag that has had thousands of rounds through each has started jamming up on me. I think it's about time for them to become "safe queens" and it gives me a good excuse to buy something new. I am also open to some other suggestions for other types of guns but I don't want to spend $1200 for a super black eagle or anything like that.

2. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I personally hate the Benelli Nova/Supernova!! But its a good gun. Everybody I know that has one likes them. They just dont feel right to me, cause i'm used to the Remington 870. You most likely wont be sorry with it if you can get over the looks, and it fits you good.

What kind of jams are you having with your other guns? I'm kinda curious.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you feel yhe need to get rid of that Mossberg,give me a holler.:wink:

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have a Nova and love it!!!! easy to field strip if needed... just an allround great gun

5. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The winchester only jams on me when a little strip of spring steel that lays back against the reciever housing gets loose a few minutes and tightening a screw with a small phillips head screwdriver is all it takes to fix it. The mossberg will sometimes jam up when you pump it to load the last shell from the magazine. I really haven't messed with it to see if it is the spring in the magazine is getting weak or it maybe the two metal "arms" that act as guides to lift the shell up into the chamber from the magazine needs a little tweaking.

6. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I've always been a Remington guy when it comes to shotguns. I love my 870 express super mag. For me it's the best all around shotgun. My brother has a Benelli Supernova and loves it. To each his own I guess. Have you looked into having your worn out parts replaced?

7. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No, it gives me a good excuse to buy something new.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    and is very knowledgeable about them,especially the high dollar ones.He use to do alot of business with em,anyway he said to post a Browning BPS said it's a pump action and it will run ya about $500.00 or less. Hope that helps.:smile2:Sister Pat

9. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a 12 gauge Nova chambered to handle 3-1/2s and I love it. Down here it's muddy all the time and this gun stays filthy. It will shoot no matter what. I've used for a boat paddle and a push pole only to pull it from the water and keep killing ducks. Although I love mine be certain the drop of the comb will fit your face. Pick one up and close your eyes and shoulder the weapon, open your eyes, if your looking right at the bead and don't see the rib then the gun should shoot for you. Be aware, if you choose to shoot 3-1/2s the recoil is stout. I personally love the long shells, they produce excellent patterns due to their extra payload. Good Shooting.

10. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Sounds to me you could fix the loose screw with some blue loc-tite. The other one is probably something simple also. Less than $100 in parts you could probly fix both. I would get a new gun, and then fix the two old ones. I've had the "new gun itch" before, its rough. You can never have too many guns. :wink:

11. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    I have super nova and its great gun for the money .:wink: