Benefits of NRA membership

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thegavel, May 5, 2008.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    So... I am a card carrying member of the NRA, short of a semi-decent magazine I am really considering termination of my membership.

I think gun rights are essential to protect, but I am getting nothing out of my membership... The information they have for Iowa is rediculous, I get it other sources, ranges in the area are not even listed, there is no real activities that I have found. I am constantly being hounded for money to support this that and every other thing....

What are your benefits? Are there any?:angry:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    They also give active duty members 1 year free

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I believe the benefits of the NRA come in the form of this organization trying to prevent politicians and the like from stomping on your gun rights, they can keep the magazine , just keep them away from my guns.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I think they could be more wise in using the funds raised. Spend less, begging for more.
    But it's a good yardstick for the politicians. "How many people we gonna have to kill to disarm the population and how many will have to be incarcerated who survive?"
    :smile2:

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am life member and proud of it. I get calls once in awhile and mailings occasionally. I send money when I can. I tell them no when i dont have extra.

The biggest benefit I see is that I still have my guns and the freedom to buy another one if I so desire. There are others but none as important as keeping our first freedom alive . If the NRA dont stand for us who will. We have way to many people with lots of money, George Soros, trying to disarm the USA. If not for the NRA then who will stand in front of our poloticians and say no more. Dont drop your membership. Just politiely say not today.

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am a life member and i let them do the fighting for me. i can send a few dollars when i can and they do all they can to keep my gun rights intact.

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I'm a life member, I don't read the magazine on time and real often, but I do get to it. They ask for more money a lot, sometimes 2 times a week. They want to sell insurance, credit cards, etc. They are pretty good at sounding the alarm when its time to send the politicians a note. They are a good watchdog on politics. The politicians will sneak stuff in if we don't have someone watching them. I keep up with whats goin on by internet alerts. I contact the politicians too. We are slowly but surely losing the 2nd amendment, but some gains are being made. At least with the NRA it won't come as a surprise when it happens, cause they let us know whats goin on.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The NRA is very good at keeping gun owners informed of pending legislation and they do fight the gun grabbers.

9. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I think what I was trying to get at in this post is that they can do more... more for their members, more to promote events, more to get people involved...

RECAP:
    So far positives are:
    1: Protect gun rights by monitoring the governments actions
    2: Informing people of legislation
    3: A magazine

All great things, but if the BOC can rally people to meet and fish together, why can't the NRA do more to do that. My thought is that if they were to host events in each state more people would get involved, more people would become members, the thought being strength in numbers. If you have a couple of people writing a letter together it is going to be stronger then an individual.

I hope this makes sense...