Bend your ear

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Feb 14, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I guess that it is my turn now . Since I joined this group a few years back I have read about different ones jobs cutting back or laying off
    Well with me driving a truck delivering lumber and building material the construction slow down is hitting me now with short days . I am thinking about going back to frieght running regional but I dread the time away but right now I am working two jobs to meet our budget and with one cutting hours I don't think the other will help that much.
    Thanks for the ear I just needed to let it out and I am glad that I can to all the brother and sister on the BOC

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hang in there buddy. OTR truck drivers are in demand as always but like u said the time away is bad enuff!!!!!

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i know what ya mean bro. i run a small lumber treating plant and our shipping numbers (90% by local truckers) have gone down steadily for the last year. i am hoping that the lumber market has flatlined. even if it doesnt get better, hopefully it wont get worse. hang in there.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I am trying believe me but just when you think it can't get no worse then it slips some more

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I hear ya, got laid off in July, had some small jobs, not enough to pay bills tho. Hopin to get some real work soon. Housing is down, so my own painting contracting is awful slow. but it always is this time of year. I don't have a problem with that, but the mailman still brings bills.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good luck brother ,wish you well being gone is rough but maybe it wont be for long !

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hang in there brother sorry to hear about that. Thoughts and prayers for you.

8. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    look into local shagging for a otr company.. USxpress is a good one i shagged for them locally when my son was born. another place to look into is recycling companies.. and large warehouses.. ive been laid off since dec 1 and plan to be thru march.. its taken me years to get it close to right to make it thru the lay off season and this year i finally did it! i know where your coming from tho. hope all picks up and things turn around for you.

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You all don't know how much your comments mean to me thank you all with friends like I will survive

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Richard I will add You to My Prayers,Your a GOOD Man!!! Things will turn around,I Just Know it will. Please keep us posted OK. Your Friend, J.D.

11. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Richard Hang in there. hope things work out for ya.

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    My mood is getting back up and I have decided to do what ever it takes to keep on keepin on Thanks to all

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    glad to lend the ear. I have been in the army for 15 years and that is exactly why I have stayed so long. Sometimes my family suffers, but I never have to worry about how I will provide for them. I will retire in 5 years and then I will be in the job market and I am not looking forward to this scenario. Hopefully by then I will invent some great catfishing idea and somebody will pay me to fish.:roll_eyes: