Ben Noll

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ben Noll, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My friend Randy and I went to Dillon Monday-weather was decent,couldn't
    stand it any longer,had to see if motor would start,etc.We had a hell of a time getting boat in due to low water but we got er done.We put in at Big Run boat ramp.We picked up a couple dozen minnows at the falls bait shop and had just enough.Crappies were the really main goal on this day.There are really no secrets at Dillon on Crappies-find wood,usually find fish.Well,not quite on Monday.We hit 5 or 6 usually pretty good spots but with low water they just were not there.At the first stop I lost a good one as soon as the line hit the water.I rebated and caught a 12 incher and was getting pretty pumped.That was it-not another darn bite.We didn't give up,trying here and there.We finally located a few in about 8 foot of water near a drop off up the left side of the lake about 300 yards south of the tunnel.We ended up with 16 and a 19 inch channel that took a minnie on my buddy Randy's cane pole-we needed the net that time.We caught 23 Crappies all together,threw 7 small ones back.They probably averaged 10 inches.My 1st one was my biggest-Randy caught a 13 1/2 incher.Needless to say-they were delicious.I think maybe a cold beer or two were involved during the eating plase of this first trip.Looking forward to the next trip-hopefully they will get the lake up where it should be pretty soon.Good fishing and be safe.

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Great job. Sounds like I should start fishing for crappie to catch catfish..

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats Ben on your day of fishing out at Dillon. We're that cats bellies swelled from gorging on winter kill still?

4. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Bobby-Amen on the fat belly on the channel cat that Randy caught-it looked like it was ready to spaun.Real healthy and slick-did I mention it tasted real good too.Good fishing and be safe.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    congrats on the crappie!! Those sound like some nice ones