Ben Noll

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ben Noll, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Guys-I have Crappie fished Caddo Lake for the last three years.Twice in the spring when the fish were on the trees and once in late fall when they were stacked in the river.We have fished out of Johnson's Ranch in Uncertain,Texas and always caught a ton of fish.My question is about catfish,we've always caught a few while crappie fishing but when is the best time of year,bait,riggs,etc.I fish Santee and we usually drift-here in Ohio I also drift and do real well.I read an artrical about using Cow Blood for bait-what the hell is cow blood-is it for chumming,is it a Southern thing.I know its used in Santee with great success.I just can't picture the stuff.If anyone knows please let me know.Thanks,good fishing and be safe.

2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas

3. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks much for the info.I have a good buddy that has a small slaughter house.I may just give this a shot-I also have a fridge in the garage-I know what would happen if cow blood ended up in the kitchen fridge.You would here Momma all the way from up here in Ohio.Good fishing and be safe.