Beltzville Lake - Catfishing Tips For This Lake

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT-(2), Feb 27, 2009.

1. Any body catfish up at Beltzville. I dropped the boat in there a few times last September for the first time to do some bass fishing. Just wondering if the catfishing was any good. That place is very beautiful, I was really impressed, but the fishing is pretty tough. Any info would be appreciated.

2. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    where is beltzville lake?

3. Up past Allentown, next to Lehighton. East Central Pa.Where are all you East guys at? I am flying solo in the NHL forum too!:sad2:

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i've had the boat up there a few times but we were catchin bass and pickeral, never catty fished there, i like to troll the ledge below the power lines along the weed beds, nice deep channel along there. that lake also has some nice stripers and musky

5. wetflyguy

wetflyguy New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I fished Beltsville,a few times .
    Should be a spot we could hit from shore for Cats.
    Any body do the big hole in the lehigh just down river
    from Lehighton at the cement plant?
    It's about a 40 min. East from me to Beltsville.

Wet

6. Yeah, I know exactly where you are talkin'. The wind wasn't to cooperative when I was trying that, it kept blowing me into the shallows even with the trollin motor churnin'.:sad2:

7. Any body have any fishing news for this lake lately?:eek:oooh:

8. lime4x4

lime4x4 New Member

State:
    Palmerton,Pa
    We always have good luck with catfish up there.Pulled 2 nice 26" channels last year.Were generally out there a few times during the week and on the weekends. One of the joys of living 5 miles from the lake

9. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    that is a deep lake. i think the deepest spot that i saw was between the dam and the beach, witch was around 127ft. how deep is that lake?

10. lime4x4

lime4x4 New Member

State:
    Palmerton,Pa
    me depth finder showed 146 feet in frt of the dam. It's deep lake with some nice deep channels and coves

11. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    i've only been there once, it was in late november. we were going up the ne turnpike and the temp was around 33, then we get through the mountain and the temp was 27. we had to wait at the dock because the fog was so thick we couldn't see more than 30 ft. we trolled around the power lines and caught a bunch of pickeral on 6 in shiners, and a bunch of perch.

12. Boy are you lucky. :wink:If I only could put the time in there like I do down here on the Skuke! :sad2:

13. That seems to be right, around 130 or so. I got the depth map hanging in my garage. My last trip up there in September, caught a few nice Smallies up to 21". :roll_eyes:That place sure is a lot different heading back to the ramp in the dark!:eek:oooh:

14. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    i was really impressed with how deep that lake is, i'm just use to blue marsh. the marsh is 53-55 ft around the corner from the dry brooks launch.

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Ive never catfished there but have taken the rod along for a ride during the day. All the boat traffic pushes them deep during the day.

16. Man, that's awesome dude! I gotta do that!:tounge_out:See up there next November!

17. lime4x4

lime4x4 New Member

State:
    Palmerton,Pa
    yeah coming back in the dark is a challange some nights.We have a 27 foot cabin cruiser that we use. Works ok for fishing and the wife and children have the comforts of home as well...We just had the boat out last night for some light fishing.Didn't catch anything water temp was 44 deg

18. lime4x4

lime4x4 New Member

State:
    Palmerton,Pa
    There are a couple of good spots for catfish at Beltzville.The cove up by the Dam is pretty good at night for catfish.Last year on Labor Day Weekend we were anchored back there and using night crawlers and Power bait catfish attractant and caught 3 catfish within about an hour or so.Sizes ranging from 13 inches up to about 22 inches.Also back near Preachers Camp boat launch area is a great place for catfish.They bite on everything from minnows to chicken livers to night crawlers.There are so huge ones in that Lake.A couple years ago my wife went fishing on the shore with a friend and had her pole in a rod holder made of steel pipe.The holder was firmly pounded into the ground and she got a bite..well as she went to go take the rod out of the holder the fish pulled so hard, it yanked the rod holder and rod right out of the ground and it went into the water.My wife ran into the water to get the rod and the fish was so strong that it just took the hook and left her with nothing but the sinker..lol..We're heading out there today.

19. Your the man.:wink: Get out there and teach that lake who's boss.:smile2: I gotta get up there.:embarassed: Let me know when the water temp hits the mid-50's.:wink:

20. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    probably heading out to beltzille tonight for a few hours after work... we'll see how it goes... :cool2: