Below Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duckalot, Apr 16, 2007.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a weekend trip planed to Warsaw. Mr. T hooked me up with a place to stay (Thanks Marty). If anyone else is there this weekend I will be the guy in the 20 foot camo Seaark fighting the Big Fish stop and say Hi. :lol: Good Luck and Good Fishing!!!!!

2. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey good luck this weekend, they have been running good water out of truman. If the sun is out try shallow2-4'.

3. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Stayed out all night Friday night. Found some nice shad but same old story, no big blues. Had a few bites but nothing decent. They stooped running water before midnight and it was dead till daylight. Took the Family snagging Sat. did real well, lot of fish tied on boats. I was beat sat. night and didn't fish, but should have it was to rough to fish Sunday. We snagged Four more spoonies and came home. Would like to go back down in a week or so, If they keep running water it should be good fishing.
    pretty nice weekend with the exceptions of the high winds.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Rob was that you in steves sons boat catching shad sunday night?

5. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Wasn't me, I pulled my boat and headed for home around 3:00 pm. Sunday afternoon. Where you there?

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I went down saturday evening to pick up some boat seats for a friends new boat.

7. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    HAS ANYONE BEEN FISHING AT THE DAM? IM THINKING OF DRIVING DOWN THERE TO TRY AND CATCH SOME BLUES AND I WAS WONDERIN HOW THE FISHING IS...

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Don't think I'd waste a trip down here until we get enough rain that they'll run water reliably - by the time you get here, they'll probably have it shut off again and that'll kill the bite.

When the water moves, the fish bite. No question about that.

9. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    ME AND TWO BUDDIES FISHED BELOW DAM MONDAY NIGHT CAUGHT 6 FISH TOTAL . 20#, 23# 27# 32# 34# 45# CAUGHT ALL FISH IN ONE HOLE. THEY BIT REAL FINNACKY. CAUGHT ALL FISH ON BLUEGILL SIDES, COULD NOT FIND SHAD ANYWHERE.

10. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    Has anyone found shad this past week-end? If you have please share the secret.

11. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    I couldn't find shad until the stopped running water. Then I netted shad at the mouth of a overflow pipe. But they weren't there until the water started running back into the river.

12. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Catman, you guys done alright. Where you on the bank in the no boating zone or below?

13. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom & I will try to go there if the fish aren't biting on the docks near our houseboats.
    Good luck bringing in the big fish they are they we've been told..:

14. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    I WAS FISHING THE SPILLWAY SIDE INTHE NO BOATIG ZONE BELOW POWERLINES. THE HOLE AT THE NINTH BOUY OUT. GOT TO CAST WAY OUT. IF YOU DIDNT HIT THE HOLE YOU DIDNT CATCH FISH . I WAS UP THERE TWO WEEKENDS AGO AND CAUGHT THREE GOOD FISH IN THE HOLE OUT FROM THE HANDICAP PIER. TRIED THERE THIS WEEKEND AND THEY WERNT THERE SO I MOVED UP AND FOUND THEM.