Below the dams in boat

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by makoman, Jul 8, 2009.

1. makoman

makoman New Member

State:
    tulsa oklahoma
    Do they have a boat ramp below dam at oologah,keystone or ft. gibson. Ive only had my boat a year an Iam wanting go behind the dam at these lakes any feed back would be great. Ps. I have to have 10 post before I can send message :sad2: Steve

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Yes, Yes and Yes. The ramp below Oolagah is small and you can't go too far South before it's too Shallow. There a ramp at Keystone and can fish there also. There a ramp below gibson also by the campgrounds is below the dam. That would be probably my first choice fishing can be good there. The do not cross bouy's are in the water as opposed to high above below keystone. You can tie off and cast upsteam for fish the eight or so miles below Gibson until it hits the Navagation Channel and fish all of it.

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I don't know much about the north side of keystone dam, but on the south side, about 3/4 mile east of the dam, there is a boat ramp at a place called Swift Park. There is a cable running across the river that shows you thats as close to the dam as you're allowed to be

4. JUG_LINE

JUG_LINE New Member

State:
    NE Oklahoma

How is the traffic below Ft Gibson dam?

5. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    By traffic just what are you reffering to the amount of the cars or the fishermen? Not much car wise and it depends on the day and time you go as far as fishermen.

Foggy :cool2:

6. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Boat traffic is very low at least when I've been down there but it's been close to two years since I was down below gibson fishing.