Below the dam in keystone

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishinfordman, Mar 16, 2006.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Has anyone been doing any fishing here. And if so how has it been.

2. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

And does anyone know when the "sand dunes" eagle sanctuary below the dam opens up? I was thinking it might be today.

3. catfishinfordman

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Jim I called the keystone dam office just now and they said that it opens today.

4. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i havent fished directly below the dam yet this year. i do know when the waters running there has been some big stripers being caught. i usually do my fishing past the lowwater dam in tulsa but i havent been to lucky recently. theres just not enough water to get things going. last year at this time they were running at least 40,000 cfps 24 hours a day and i couldnt believe how many trophy cats were around. this year ive been concentrating on the lake side with minimal results but at least im learning the area.

5. catfishinfordman

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    where at exactly below the lowwater dam

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    try a live pearch on a tight line along the concrete wall inside the fountain between midnight and 4 am. just walk back and forth along the edge and fish straight down.there are huge flatheads laying on that wall.

7. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thats right on the nose man. it seems like the moment that its dark the action starts right there. doing that exact technique will produce. speaking of flatheads i got the first one of the season on the arkansas in muskogee. 15 pounds on a giant shad head. also has anyone heard their looking for a body below keystone right now? keep your head up downstream because it wont take long to move in the current that comes through sometimes. be careful out there.

8. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    have you all fished swift park at all? it looks like a good hole but the only thing that throws me about it is zinc dam blocking upstream migrations. but then again i didnt think that zinc had good fishing at one time..

9. catfishinfordman

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Ive caught several 3- 8 pound blues down on swift park. If u go downstream and cast towards the island that u see across the river I believe there is a hole there but that is all I really know for that area.