Below Pickwick

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by duckalot, Apr 3, 2009.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any new reports? I will be making my first trip to the Tennessee river next week (4-9-09). I was just wondering what to expect, Friend I am going with was with a group last week and they done real well on Skips and caught some really nice Blues. Might be looking for some advise on Strippers as well. (rods,lures,rigging,weights) Any and all advise is well appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Rob'

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a feeling with all of the rain we have had you will have lots of water.Iam 40 miles down stream and we have high water now.
    smokey

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Be sure to take along at least a couple of the big topwater Cotton Cordell poppers. When the stripers are hitting on top, that type of lure will tear them up; and there's nothing like a smashing topwater strike. When they're not on top, try using 12" long live skipjack. Can't keep 'em alive long. Catch a couple, use 'em up, catch a couple more.

4. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Was below Pickwick Thus. Husband and I had never been for skip jack before, it was a blast. We caught about 200 in less than 2 hours, took a lot longer to take care of them for the ride home than to catch, but what a fun trip. I want to thank everyone that helped us with information , we knew nothing but everyone there was glad to help thanks all. We did see a few strippers caught, and best I could tell they were using a 6 or 8 inch swim bait that looked like a long shad or maybe a small skip jack. I sure like to catch those nice blue cats, but that bait fishing was right up there.. Have a good trip you will enjoy it. It was 442 miles from our door to the dam.

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    NOw you know just where to go for the Pickwick Gathering.
    see you there.
    smokey