Below melvin price

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by katcatchingfool, Jul 10, 2006.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybody doing any good below the damn or the mouth of the missouri? im going out tonight

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Went friday nite this past weekend. It was very slow until after dark. The bait was even hard to find until after dark. We ended up with five cats 4 blues bi one was 14 and one channel went 3.

Most of the normal spot that produce never. Ended up at the confluence.
    Lots of barge traffic friday nite. I think that the big ones may still be on the nest not quite done with the spawn , Just a guess. Let us know how you did.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Melvin Price is in Missouri/Illinois, correct? Not sure how many folks down in Mississippi know about it. LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist. You might want to have the Mods move this thread.

4. catfishcrazee

catfishcrazee Member

State:
    illinois
    wonder if you can still launch below the dam. i see the water level is at 2. anyone know?

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I dont know if you can put in at the dam. We put in at the columbia bottoms conservation area. It is just off High way 270 . Turn north just before or after you get across the bridge crossing the MISS river depending on which way you are coming from. It is a nice place to launch.

6. catfishcrazee

catfishcrazee Member

State:
    illinois
    thanx bearcat, i know where the columbia bottoms ramp is at. how is that ramp at night? i thought someone said they shut it down after dark.

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    We put in at 630 pm and took out at 300 am with no problem . Ramp was no problem geting the water.