below Ft.Gobson dam

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by outdoors1988, Jul 15, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    First has anyone fished out of a boat below Ft.Gibson dam and i also was wondering if a 16 foot v-bottom was too small or if it is really that bad below the dam. Thinking about fishing there in a few weeks and was kind of wondering about the size of boat.

2. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I don't think a 16' would be too small. Just make sure you have plenty anchor power, or maybe a good drift sock.

I've never fished in a boat there ,but sure like fishing the dam on the sides

3. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    That should be plenty of boat to fish there. I plan on using my 14' when i get it going. Mako and me were down there with his boat last weekend i thing it is a 17'. But i do fish on the wall a lot there. Like i told Mako you need a grapple to hook the cable with if you want to tie to it to fish there makes it a lot easier.

Foggy :cool2:

4. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've never fished below Ft. Gibson dam, but am on vacation this week and eager to do some night bank fishing. I saw the state fishing report showed catfishing excellent below the dam for catfish. Can anyone confirm this?
    I went to Oologah Tuesday and didn't catch a thing but the report said fishing was good imagine that-lol. When it comes to the state reports I always take it with a grain of salt.
    Thank you in advance for any info.

5. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    same here buddy :smile2:

6. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    What a fishing report tells you is that they were biting last week, or maybe they weren't. I don't put a lot of stock in fishing reports. They don't have much relevance unless you are the lucky one making a good report.

7. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I went out just to look around at the dam a couple nights ago... Was way low on water and nobody catching anything that I saw.. Only a couple people fishing. There was some folks out in the river bed where the bottom is dry, and usually under water