Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum and wanted to share the experience with ya.
I'm from Ohio and fish santee every year and love the people and trips i take there except one nightmare of a trip that sent me to florida to finish out with some fun. I rented a house bout from bell's marina .Had it reserved in advance by a couple months. So the day we show up we had to wait for the fella to finish working on the motor. An hour later he finishes and we are told everything is perfect some we set sail . We find a nice fishing spot and set up for the night and it becomes shower time. Water heater wont work. so i mess with it and cleaned out mud dobers nest and was good to go.becomes a nice night. wake up in the morning and the boat wont start so we radioed bells marina and the guy shows up with a starter and says he will have it fixxed shortly. Ok that's the first starter. 2 hrs later we needed another starter...So by the time he got there i had the bad starter out and when he showed up he handed me the starter i installed it and he left. the next morning starter 2 is bad..I radioed and said to bring me 2 starters so im not stranded anywhere that evening..They pulled up handed me 2 starters and left...By that evening i was on the last starter and tired of working on somebody else crap..So i radioed for a toe back in..They said flywheel teeth gone {no shit} and the boat is out of commission and we would be refunded are money for the remaining 4 days but being charged for the gas and time spent on the boat !!And i never even got a thank you for installing 4 starters just so could attempt to have a good vacation in santee again..So I just needed to let everybody know how much belle's marina sucks..:arghh:

·
Registered
516 Posts
We had a similar bad experience at Bell's Marina. We stayed there about 4 or 5 years ago. The first night after about the 20th roach we saw crawling across the floor we decided to sleep on the boat that night. Roach crap was all over the counter, inside the pantries, inside the dishes, etc. The next morning we got our money back for the rest of the nights, but we had to pay for the one night we didn't even sleep there. We stayed the rest of the trip at hill's landing and never saw the first roach.

I do believe bell's marina is under different management now though. The store looks revamped anyways. Regardless, we will never stay there again.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have never stayed therebput put in there once. Did have a guy last yr say something postive about the place. He said he had a camper at State Park and got tired of moving it around so he got a place at Bell's. He was pretty much giving a postive remark about the cost vs other places on Santee.
When i fish the tree's i like to put in at Rocks Pond and work my way up toward Bell's by water. There is also another Marina closer to 95 that i have put in a few times in the past, can't quite remember the name but it was under new management last time i went and seem to be a bunch of good folks. Lot of good places to stay on Santee, you don't have to put in at one if you don't like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been back down a number of times now , and have found Canal landings a nice spot . The lady with the little dog has always treated us very well.Walked in once on a young man rolling a joint on the bait chest.His mouth drop ...I laughed all the way home with that one.. I have realized i will have to bring a good pizza with me from Ohio. Lol....Where are the good pizza shacks ?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've been back down a number of times now , and have found Canal landings a nice spot . The lady with the little dog has always treated us very well.Walked in once on a young man rolling a joint on the bait chest.His mouth drop ...I laughed all the way home with that one.. I have realized i will have to bring a good pizza with me from Ohio. Lol....Where are the good pizza shacks ?
Now that's funny. Papa john's is about as good as it get's down there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.