Bell's Marina at Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ga_sportsman, May 19, 2009.

1. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hi,We are planning another trip to Santee in June.We will most likely stay at Bell's this time at the campground.We will either rent one of there small boats or take mine .Has anyone had any luck between Bell's and the main part of the lake in the creek?

2. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use to fish the flat out from Bell's but that has been many man years ago. I am a "lower" lake guy now, but I am sure some of these nice guys and gals on here can "help a brother out" :smile2:

3. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    I fished from Bells Marina twice this year already (March and April)...I fished mainly from the boat landing to the "two trees" called Mutt and Jeff...caught a few channels and a couple of flatties...but nothing to brag about....the bite seemed pretty slow there right now...plus the "Ranger" has been handing out tickets right there as well...I would try to use some cut shad or herring right off the main channel and you should do pretty good.

4. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Are you talking about the main creek channel or the river chanel in the lake?What was the ranger handing tickets out for?

5. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    I was referring to the main creek channel right there...The Ranger was handing out tickets for a bunch of different stuff according to some people I talked to at the dock...mainly for speeding I think.

6. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thank you,We are planning on going back one weekendend in june dont know yet.