Bells and bobbers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Aug 31, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    :0a23: dont you get a rush when you here your bell or see your bobber go under.kinda renews the spirits.good luck

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

bobber yes. I don't use the bells

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ill use bells at night, when im cooking/sleeping/bathroom break/

And yes, it makes the adrenaline pump way up!

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    O yea brother theres nothing like it:cool2:

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I love to hear a bell go off , I Evan use them during the day .

6. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    yea man.my son and i went this morning to test our light up bobers.lol he got to see his swim around a while finaly it went under he landed about a 3 ft gar. what a blast. good luck

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    When my bobber goes down or moves off, i'm really pumped. For that moment, everything else in the world can wait. I'M FOCUSED 100% on it.

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    dont use bobbers for catfish. but i do use bells when i got more than 2 rods in the water. they dont work well as not enough noise! grrrrrrrr though you gotta get a hard hit on it to make it loud enough. so i use neither!

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i dont usually use a bell or bobber but when my pole is sitting beside me and i get a huge hit i get a big grin!

10. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol i fully understand. good luck guys

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    You bet! Nothing like seeing a boober take off or go under. Never used bells, but I have used aluminum cans on my lines when the reel does not have a bait clicker.

12. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    don't use bells or bobbers either. tried using bells once and slung the dang thing back into a field on a hookset! never did find it. as for the bobbers, i used to use them the few times i went to a paylake but i gave that up years ago. its insane to pay to fish! you guys who use bells should just get a reel with a good baitclicker and you could eliminate the bell thing.

13. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    yea but bells are more audible and i do have reels with bait clickers and some w/o. but its really personal prefrance.good luck

14. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    wow how does the can idea work? thanks

15. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I agree. I bank fish, cause I cant afford a boat right now. And sometimes I need to get up and stretch my legs, or check on a fishin buddy a few yards down. I have one reel with a clicker, but I know I can hear that bell alot better.

16. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i know what you mean brother.and the bells kinda add to the thrill of it alll ,,good luck bro.

17. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

Use the bells you get from a craft store like Hancock fabrics. They call them jingle bells. I use the ones that are about 3/4 of an inch. I use a plastic zip strip to secure one to the tip of each of my poles. You can hear them good enough if the radio isn't too loud.

18. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol ill try them been using these brass bells look and sound like cowbells they can wake the dead. pretty loud.good luck