Bell Cow And Chandler Lakes

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CJSCASTER, Mar 6, 2006.

1. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Hi all, I live pretty close to Chandler and have heard good stories about the bass fishing in Bell Cow and Chandler lakes. Does anyone have any info. about catfishing there??

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    All that I have heard about Chandler is the bass fishing. But, you put a body of water in Oklahoma, give it long enough, and your gonna have catfish. I'd think to go ahead and fish it for cats just like you know what your doing. Heck, you may teach some locals new tricks.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Never heard of those lakes, where are they?

4. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Tony, both lakes are municipal lakes for the town of Chandler. Chandlers East of OKC about 25 miles on I-44, the turnpike headed to Tulsa. Bell Cow is the newer lake and did have a reputation for great bass fishing at one time. It's full of standing timber. I've just never heard how the catfishing is there.

Paul

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info Paul, and thanks for updating your profile with your information.

Oh, and if I haven't said it yet, WELCOME to the BOC!!!

6. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Tony,

I'm not sure if there's anything else I should do as far as setting up my "account" with BOC. If there's anything else I need to do, let me know..
    It's great to finally be able to pick you guys' minds..Maybe I'll actually catch a few fish this year.

Paul

7. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I live in Chandler. I have not fished either lake too much. I plan on fishing it alot this year. I do not know where all the channels and flats are yet so i will have to wait until i get my new locater to find some suitable spots for catfishing. As far as the Bass go in Bell Cow, there are more Bass per average acre in Bell cow than in any other lake in Oklahoma. This came from a survey done by the department of wildlife sometime last year. Bell Cow is a muddy lake. I am not a fan of muddy lakes but you can still catch fish. Chandler lake is a smooth bottom lake but is full of moss from the bank to 20yards out. You will most likely need aboat to fish this one.The warden swears the fish are plentifull in both lakes. I guess i will find out this year.maybe see you out there!

8. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have fished boath lakes , catfish real good last year. there are some large fish in bell cow. nice crappie. and some big bass. althow im not a bass guy. i do sneek up a few. see gary at the bait house. it is a fee lake, city u know around 4 dollaes a day for u an boat. gary can put u on a fish . he just wants to sell bait. nice guy. makes ceder slip corks for cats.