Believe It or Not! Ghost Stories.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dano, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Believe It or Not! Ghost Stories.
    thought i would share my story. I have a couple more for later.
    might even make one up for fun.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    First I Think Ghost subject is cool , I always like checking out stuff like that and bigfoot stuff.
    It was all in fun, I use to tell ghost stories to my kids and their friends when they was growing up. We like sitting on porch on camping trips telling stories. nothing like a dark 4 wheeler ride in the woods and everything goes dead. LMAO. Maybe that is what is wrong with them now. LOL. I will visit real haunted house's if I can find one. I know of a couple places I have checked out and some I would like to check out. For real, I have seen a few un explained things that scared the scat out of me but I haven't been harmed by it. .
    I like tales of the unknown, Ghost, UFO's, hay rides etc. I think it interesting and can be fun. Bad people is what scares me the most, they will hurt ya.

If ghost/sprits is causing someone problems, I understand it aint funny for them, especially for kids. So who ever is having problems at home with ghost/sprits etc. , I hope you get a handle on it, some help with what ever is causing your discomfort with the supernatural stuff. It can be very scary, not pleasant to live with. I'm not making fun of it but I do sometimes have fun with it. No offense to anyone.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a true ghost story about my wife and her family. It was a female ghost.
    I had forgotten about some of the stuff my Wife and her family had talk about on it. I just talk to my wife about it again . She filled me in a little. Its been years since we have talked about this it still scares her . Not making fun of anyone but, I will have fun tonight messing with her over it. I'll probably get a knot on my head. LOL.:eek:oooh:

Anyway, my wife's story.
    She was around 8 or so, had 2 brothers and one sister older than her. They was not rich, looking for cheap place to live. Found an old abandon run down house that no body wanted because it was hunted. Neighbors warned them it was haunted. The house was an old hotel or something like that. Three stories tall. had the Adam family look. Had around 20 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. They rented it dirt cheap , it was all they could afford , they only used first and second floor and closed off part of second floor. I think it was a fix up and didn't pay rent, didn't fix something, they paid a low rent. type deal .

A lady had been murdered by her husband in the master bedroom. She doesn't remember how. My wife's parents took the master bedroom.
    It started in a few days after moving in. In one hallway where the house was the warmest, there was one small spot that was always freezing ice cold. even had a little breeze. Gave em chills when walking through it.
    Not just a cold chill but a spooky type chill, like death. No windows in that area.
    Sometimes, the blinds on windows in all the rooms would stick straight out, in the air at same time and stay that way until her Dad got to talking crap to the ghost or sprit and threaten to destroy the house. Then the blinds would go back down. It happen often. My wife said sometimes while sleeping, her dresser draws would open and close. they would actually
    see the ghost walking through rooms etc. The murdered lady walking around the house, looking at them etc. Scared the heck out of her when it happen.

Wife would clean her room, make her bed put everything up nice and neat. then go down stairs, they would hear stuff going on up stairs when no one was up there. When checking it out, they would see the ghost moving from room to room. The Ghost had completely messed up her room and all others. Apparently it didn't like a clean room. At night all kinds of noise's, stuff moving around. Living room had stuff moved around next morning. All kinds of things happen. Plus, many times going up an down the stairs, half way up, it felt like someone or something was pulling on their shirt, or barely touching them on back of neck, trying to make them fall down stairs. it got bad over time.

Her Dad was not scared of it. Each time he would talk stuff to the ghost when things happen and threaten to destroy the house if it didn't stop.
    The Ghost would back off for a while and later, start back up. . Then her Dad started getting woke up in middle of night by the ghost . She said it would actually spit in her dads face. His face would be covered in spit.
    he got slimed. LOL. That pissed him off. . One night he had enough. Through a fit, cussing out the ghost, got the family out of house , went outside, got a couple cans of gas , brought back to the house and told the ghost, if you dont stop now and leave us along from now on, I will burn the house down right now and you will have no place to haunt. She said her Dad was serious. He was really going to burn down the house. I guess the ghost thought so too.

The ghost stopped with all the scary games. It didn't do all the real bad scary spooky stuff anymore. That was how they handled it. her dad kept the gas cans on the porch and would remind the ghost, if you start up, I'm burning it down. It stayed quite after that. Still had the cold spot in hallway now and then. Now and then the ghost would let them know, she
    was still there with little minor things but she didn't try to scare the scat out of them any more and stopped messing up roams and most of the other stuff it was doing. I guess it got the message but had no other place to go so it roamed the house more quietly, once an a while that might would see it. My wife and her Family lived there for 4 years.

All the time while this was going on. She remembers them telling different people about it, her Mom and Dad tried to tell folks but no one believed them. Only ones that believed them was a few friends who had spent the night and a couple neighbors who saw it and would not enter the house again cause it had scared them too bad.

Now this was almost 40 years ago. Things was different back then. Didn't have all the ghost hunters with the fancy equipment back then and back then, most thought a person was telling a make believe story or crazy.

I only saw the house once, shortly after I married my wife. It was boarded up, weeds growing up in yard, had not been lived in since my wife and family move out . its got me very curious now. In the next few weeks we will be in that area, I'm going to go check it out to see if its still standing. If it is, I'm taking a close look see at it if I can. I'll have my camera
    with me and a video camera. If I get a pic. i'll post it.
    To be honest, if its still there, I would love to spend the night in it. remember the movie , The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I aint scared. I hope. LOL
    I would just like to see for myself.
    Only thing I would worry about is, its in a large crime area. Now that would scare me the most if I got to spend the night in it. people scare the heck out of me.

2. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    Very interesting stuff, I too am interested in ghosts, not so much UFO'S, thats more of the hubbys thing. A few years ago we were living in a "haunted" house. I never saw anything but he thought he did. So here is my story....It was 5:00 in the morning, Danny had got out of the shower, got dressed and was heading to the dinning room to get his shoes on and go to work. When he turned the corner to go into the dinning room he saw a man leaning over our computer looking at the screen, sat up, looked at Danny, turned towards the living room, walked 3 steps and dissapeared!!!!!!He described him as "see through" but he had clothes on so he could tell it was a "HE". Of coarse he didnt inform me of this untill that afternoon when he got home..needless to say I was scared out of my mind..never saw anything after that....and thats my story.......

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have not had any run-ins with the "other side". Im not looking to either!:smile2: One story I can tell you all though is one that came from a fellow Marine. This guy was in a KC-130 squadron. For those who dont know,the KC-130 is a gigantic cargo plane that has been in military use for many, many decades. One of the squadron's planes was used in Vietnam for transporting deceased troops back to the U.S. This plane is said to be haunted and some of the things experienced are....

1. The plane will smell like blood at certain times. It has been taken apart panel by panel several times and cleaned during inspection. The blood smell always comes really intense then goes away.

2. One Marine that was being transported during the war was actually killed in the plane when ground fire penetrated the side of the plane and hit him. Marines have reported seeing a figure standing on top of the plane and once he is confronted, he vanishes....

3. Last one. One night some Avionics Marines were finishing up some work they were doing on the plane. After shutting everything down and while walking away, they turned and noticed all the lights in cockpit were on again. They checked eveything and shut it down again. When they went inside to report the lights coming back on as a gripe that they would work on later, a senior Marine told them not to worry about it and that it was just the ghost playing around. :eek:oooh:

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    If you go into the house take a recorder also see if you pick up anything.You might get a surprise or 2.

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I was at my sister's house, watching tv or on the computer after her and her husband went to bed. I kept hearing someone walking around, not just normal house creaks and groans. This was someone walking from room to room. I would go and look to see who was up but no one was there. I mentioned it to them, but they never said nothin. If I went into the room I heard the noises in, I would hear them in another room. I mentioned it to them again a few times, and my sister just looked at me, but my brother in law looked at me like I'm not right. I said you think I'm makin this up, or crazy don't ya? My brother in law said he believed me, like he was teasin me but then he said I believe ya, I've seen it. He described what he saw as an old woman, kinda like transparent, but really old, gray hair etc. He had gone up to the bedroom one afternoon after work, and the old woman was layin in bed, then got up and went away. There were figurines on a shelf in the basement, set up facing outward, and he has gone down there and they have all been turned 90 degrees. No one had been down there since the last time he looked at them. Sometimes lights turn on by themselves. A few other things that I can't recall now. They attribute it to someone being killed there prior to the town being settled by pioneers. There was an Army fort nearby, and its probably the ghost of an Indian woman hung or murdered there. It don't hurt no one, but its kinda spooky.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have always been interested in the here after. Reading the stories and watching ghost hunters is a past time of mine.
    Bill

7. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    hi idkitch :wink:

8. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Those are some good stories .Im a big fan of Ghost hunters also.

9. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    what kind boat is that:smile2:

10. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    i hope you read what i put up mariofish hope it help you flatheadhunter:big_smile:

11. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I'm glad I am not the only fan can't wait till 3/5 new episodes.

12. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    T.A.P.S. Real good show. Never had a run in with a ghost, Hope I never do.:crazy:

13. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have had my fair share of run ins with the PARANORMAL. for some reason they like me, dont know why. ever since i was a little kid they have messed with me. here are a few little tidbits to show you what i mean.

San Diego California 1986- my dad was in the Corps at the time and we were in Oceanside living in a small 2 bedroom apartment. My dad always left his dog tags on the back of one of our kitchen chairs. One night my mom heard the jingle of the dog tags and didnt think much about it. sometimes my sister or myself would wake up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and walk past them and brush up against them, causing them to jingle. well the next morning my dads dogtags were gone. we tore the house apart looking for them and could not find them anywhere. 6 months later we were moving back to the east coast and packing up everything. the movers showed up and pulled a huge box out of my parrents closet. it took two guys to pick this box up and move it and uderneath the box was my dads dog tags, tied up into knots. we still dont know how they got under there.

Yuma Az 3 weeks ago- me and my son were at home by ourselves, my wife was at work. i was in the garage tinkering around and my son was in the living room watching TV. all of a sudden i hear a large BOOM like something fell upstairs. i go rnning into the house and my son is sitting in his chair with heis eyes as big as saucers staring at the ceiling. i asked him what he was doing upstairs and he said "i havent been upstairs dad". i went upstairs to check and see what had fell and everything was in its place. i asked the neighbors later that day if somethign had fallen in their house or if they had heard naything. they were gone at the time of the incident, but assured me that everything was fine in thier house. we still dont know what it was.

Recurring- my son will go upstairs and take a shower eveyrnight around 730 pm. more than once he will come downstairs and say "yes, mom". we look at him like hes crazy and tell him we didnt say anything. he then tells us that he heard someone call his name 4 or 5 times.

My Parents house- you can sit in my parents house in the middle of winter with all of the windows closed and no air flowing through and out of nowhere, smell old time rose perfume. you can follow this smell as it travels through the house. my mom or sisters dont use rose perfume. there is no potpuri or any smelly stuff in the house. you can also hear people walk thoguh the living room in front of you when no-one sitting there. there is a lady that likes to walk around out in our front yard, with a white dress and a big old hat, from the 1800 era. you will only catch a glimpse of her, but when you see her you cant mistake her. i have many more but and getting carpal tunnel from typing all of this.

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How's a come this happens to some people and not others? I have had my run in's with spooks and spooky situations. We obviously will read of peoples experiences here. But these are just a small % of the population.

What makes those of us who have experienced this different from others?

The color of our hair? Genetics? Attitudes? Our birth date?

I realize it is a moot question. Just a wondering. I believe this stuff like some people believe the Bible. Maybe that is why I read so much science fiction. There is something out there Mr Spock and it ain't Tribbles.

49-1=48 Crumple me up and use me for fire starter)

15. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    if i knew that john i would tell you. for some reason it seems to happen to people more than others. everytime i tell people about it, they look at me like i am crazy, until i ask why would i lie about it. maybe its cuase of my good looks. lol

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I dont know brother but Im not complaining...the further away these things are from me, the better!:big_smile:

More stories from what I have been told...

Another Marine that I work with says that Ghosts have followed him all his life. He told me of a time when he was a liitle boy and he used to talk to a kid in his room that no one else could see. Hi mom thought that he had an imaginary friend. One night while he was supposed to be asleep, his mom found him under his blanket talking to someone. His mom asked him who he was talking to and he told her "the little boy". His mom got spooked I guess and did some checking into the situation. She found out somehow that a family had lived in their house long before them. The family had a little boy and that room was his. One day he got out the room window and tried to climb down a fire escape and fell to his death. He says that the "kid" never hurt or scared him though.

17. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I cannot tell you why it happens to some and not others but i can tell you my experiences.Shortly after I was born my mom and dad were staying in the upstairs at my grandparents house.In the closet upstairs there was an old army chest that was my uncles.He was killed in action in Vietnam in '67.My grandma has always said that I remind her of him but anyways one night I woke up crying and my dad went to get a bottle.By the time he was half way downstairs he heard a voice tell him "dont worry, hes asleep".He turned around and came back upatairs to find me sound asleep.He said hearing the voice didnt scare him from some reason.He knew who it was.
    Okay a few years later but the same location.My grandmas house always had someone staying in it.They had 18 children so its fair to say that was expected.This time my cousins were staying ther for awhile with there 2or3 year old son.In the middle of the night my cousin woke up to see her son standing up in his crib,staring towards the closet.She asked him "what are you looking at." He stood there frozen for a few second and pointed at the closet and said "mommy can you please tell that army man to go away!"
    She couldnt see him and my Dad could only hear him.I would not lie about something that is so personal to my family.I believe my Uncle is watching over the house and my Grandma, making sure that everything is okay.There are a bunch more that have happened in my life but those were the most friendly.

18. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have had a few experiences myself. but, at the moment i am more intrigued by john's question. why some ppl and nott others?

some ppl will tell you over-active imaginations or extremely creative individuals.

i personally feel that some ppl pay more attention to detail than others. i have allways been that way. i dont have great short-term memory, but i make note of the smallest most unusual or unimportant things. i am extremely wary of my surroundings. not paranoid mind you, as i really dont get "spooked". i just like to know where i stand and what situation i am in. i dont think that is a product of being a marine as i have been that way my whole life. there are a lotta ppl in the world that can zone out and watch t.v. almost asleep with thier eyes closed. i think they begin to live all parts of thier lives this way. like sleep walking. i dont. i notice movement, i feel changes in the atmosphere. i see suttle differences. i use my peripherals. hence. i think most ppl are in contact with "strange unexplained things" at some point in thier lives. i just dont think that they pay enough attention. which is prolly good for them. cause i dont think a mob mentality would go over too well in this area.

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    the big muddy river north of rend lake is one of the spookiest places at night that ive ever been on earth. its just as spooky to me now as it was when i was 12 years old. obviously the area was inhabited by indians before the settlers. one night a couple years ago, i decided to pull an all nighter down there. i loaded up my cooler and my poles and my camp chair. i tromped through the brush until i found a little spot, lit up a fire and put in the lines. i had been fishing for hours and it was getting to be about 4 am. i had noticed that alot of coyotes had been queitly observing me from the edge of the fire light. i didnt take any heed cause i had my sharpened machete and im used to em. i had just pulled out a nice channel, and threw my line back in. i stood up and stretched and then i heard it. the most ear-piercing shriek i had ever heard in my life. i mean, this was no animal. it sounded like a primed indian warrior about to ride into battle with a spear. the coyotes took off into the brush as fast as they could leaving me just sitting there afraid to move until the sun poked over the trees and i packed up and headed out. i havent been there by myself at night since.

20. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    My mom told me a story about a lady that lived down the street from her when she was little. Her name was Ollie and one day Ollie was sitting on the porch waiting for her husband to come home from work. Soon she see's him walking up the road, thru the gate and into the house. She gets up to go start supper when there was a knock on the door. There were two policemen standing at her door and they informed her that her husband was killed in an automobile accident. She said that it was impossible cause she just seen him walk into the house. She went to get him and couldn't find him. Freaky!
    I love the unknown.