Believe in your dream.....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

no matter what it may be. For some, it's catching that monster catfish. For some, it's being successful in your careers. For some, having a wonderful wife/husband and family is a dream come true. For THIS lady, her dream was to sing....and she IS.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/30226154#30226154

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    my dream is to catch a 150 pound blue

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

NEWSFLASH! Catoon wants to catch an extremely large blue catfish folks! :wink:

At least I think that's Richard, kind of difficult recognizing him without the signature hat or bunny ears. :smile2:

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I keep dreamin, but Jessica Simpson never shows up. :confused2: What gives? :eek:oooh: Maybe I ought to lower my standards and settle for Brittany Spears. :smile2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Don't make me CRY Barry! It was bad enough when you mentioned SIMPSON, but then ya had to go and say that OTHER person's name.

This is a :sad2::sad2: state of affairs. :wink:

Neither one of 'em can SING like the lady in the video. :tounge_out:

Think I'll go look for HOMER now, he's MY dream!

Oh WAIT A MINUTE! I forgot about Al Bundy! (swoon)

6. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    :smile2: Knew that would get your dander up. :smile2:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well pat yourself on the back then.....I'm still wonderin' what dander actually IS, lemme get my dictionary.......OHhhhh, IC.

Nah, you've managed to avoid my "dander" Bear. There are only TWO people who manage to do that (and for completely different reasons), and I see ONE of 'em lurking!

The other one went to bed. :wink:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hmmm,

Today while I was working,, I was dreaming about the nice cold beer I was gonna have when I got home,,

I Believe, I'll have one!!

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Greg,Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I'll have one myself.:cool2:

10. ERIC S

ERIC S New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge LA
    My dream is to live in a world where we can spend more time fishing then working.

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    im still workin on my dream. the first part is the brand new shiny black truck and 20 foot seaark with a 120hp. im getting my signon bonus in a week and a half when i get home on leave, and the truck just might be comin true. then its time to save up and take out a loan for that seaark. ill have to use it around jacksonville for the next couple years, but then ill take it home to my next dream which is the 50 acre homestead in southern illinois. and of course then perhaps will come the descent woman who will share it all with me, but she can wait till the other stuff comes along first:wink:

12. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    since yall have gotten ridiculous,

I semiserious believe that when our dreams/wants/or desires get all screwed up...bad things happen.

consider the dream "I want to spend all my free time fishin"...been there and done that; but fact is work don't like you droopsy cuz of frequent late nites and the wife will soon have legititamite complaints if you drop out from helping out when you've got kids to boat...

at any rate, if you keep your desires charitable, useful, and controlled; life is better:smile2:

Wanting an adulterous famous singers is of course, even a more screwed up and problematic desire:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    not much of a dreamer here, but when I read this thred got me thinkin. Wouldnt it be neet if someone from here won a really,really big Lotto payoff and Invited 27000 of his closest fishing Pals to gather for a national gathering. Yeah thats my dream.Smokey on his way to the lotto store.
    smokey

14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Tell ya what! That Susan Boyle really opened a lot of peoples eyes with that performance she did. I think that lady judge really summed it up with her reply, after Susan sang. Shoot, just watching all of the video's on You-Tube about it proved it. She really got to fullfill her dream and did she ever!!:wink:

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    yea i agree with Smokey ,if my dream comes true an win a big lottery it would be one he-- of a big BOC gathering ,plus a few around here :smile2:

16. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think one of the lighter men in that Blue Man deal might be 150 pounds,,,,what ya gonna do with him Catoon???

17. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Some time in the 70's I started dreaming about living on a body of water somewhere in North Carolina and maybe, just maybe, teaching others how to fish. Then in 1981 I was introduced by a friend to Lake Norman. I tent camped and later got a camper trailer and did the weekend thing. Then in 1986, I bite the bullet and bought a lake front lot with a mobile home on it and continued the weekend visits. Then in 1999 I and my wife retired and moved the MH off of the site, then my wife and myself built her dream house. Now the lake is available to me 24/7/365 and I guide, hold on the water seminars with my clients, do seminars at Bass Pro and Gander Mtn and write for Mac Byrum's Catfish University on the BOC. Yes dreams can come true if you save, invest wisely and keep your eye on your dream.

18. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    You think too much. :wink:

19. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Haha, he thinks too much??? Must be why you want Jessica Simpson! Get rid of all that pesky thinking :smile2:

20. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Its was a joke, you know, funny ha ha? :smile2: If ya want to dream of a blonde bimbo, do ya really want her thinkin? :wink: