belewslake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by belewslake, Jul 9, 2009.

1. belewslake

belewslake New Member

State:
    northcarolina
    i have fished belewslake for the past two weeks. the weekend of june 27 we got 4 channls that were around 4lbs and 0ne blue that was about 3lbs. the weekend of the 4th july we got two channls 1 was 4lbs and one was 5lbs and a few small ones. i found out this week that there are flats in belews 1 that was 15lbs was got at the hot hole and there was 2 that were about 8lbs and they were above 158. the ones i got were above 158 also.

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Matt, I fished Belews on July 4 as well. I probably had the smallest boat on the lake. We arrived early @6:00 am and left before the crowds got out of control. We caught a few smaller channels up by the dam. I really like fishing Belews at night, but my boat is too small to brave it on a weekend (especially a holiday) during daylight. There are a lot of downed trees that should produce some good flatheads after they come off the beds, which may be sooner at Belews than in other lakes due to the higher water temp.

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    What bait and presentation did you use to catch the flats.

Thanks

4. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Well those are the first blues and flatheads I've heard of coming out of Belews. I fish this lake as it is just down the road from me and all I've caught are channels and bullheads. It's good to know there are other species in the lake.

John

5. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Never caught any blues from Belews, but I just got a disposable camera processed from late last year, and one of the pics is a 5lb flat that a buddy caught from my boat in Oct last year. We were over by the dam using shrimp for channels. Pulling a flat in the boat was a surprize to both of us, did not think Belews had any.