Belews Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kvillcat, Jun 23, 2009.

1. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Ok who fishes Belews lake near Summerfield? I've fished it in the past and only had luck on channels. Any flats or blues in there?

John

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    John, I fished Belews last night. I put in at 10:00. I caught a couple of channel cats, but only fished for a short time and didn't even try to catch live bait, fished only with livers. That was my first time fishing Belews so I didn't venture far from the boat ramp (maybe a mile). I definitely have to check it out during daylight.

3. jstutz

jstutz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Smaller channels are most likely the only cats you will catch. We have fished there a lot last winter and i live on the lake so i have fished there many times in the past. The biggest cat i have personally seen is about six pounds and i have only seen three over 4 lbs. There are no blues and i dont think there are flats in there. I have seen in the past where somebody said there was a flatty living near one of the boat launches. For the most part it is a bass/skiing lake. To my knowledge there is nothing in there of any size except bass and crappie. We have been out twice last year where we did very well on the smaller channels but most of the time we would catch a few up to maybe 10. There has been some times were we caught nothing also. Really you dont hear much about this lake as far as catfishing. There is a guy on here called fiddleofsteel that seems to fish this lake alot. I believe he spends alot of time around piney bluff launch to the left. We have done pretty well around humphreys and i caught a really nice one last year over off the 158 bridge.

4. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Well I don't live to far from Belews and all I have caught is channels and bullheads. Just was courious if antone ever picked un anything else.

John